• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Days of Grace

International Captain
If they play the carpenters or ABBA someone surely some farmer from Hawkes Bay will knock the DJ over the head with the shovel.

Surely he will play 'Dancing Queen' eventually.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Its situations like these, where i'm Collingwood would love to have Flintoff to call on.

Geez what a deck this is..

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Look at it as a 20/20 match. 145 is a medium score in 20/20, so this is still on...
Well, England got 100ish off the last 10. So when you look at the wickets in hand, and the men to come. NZ is actually in the box seat on such a rip snorter of a pitch. Ofcourse, wickets can change everything. But if NZ are still only 2 down after 35-40, then England could be a trouble.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
If they play the carpenters or ABBA someone surely some farmer from Hawkes Bay will knock the DJ over the head with the shovel.

Surely he will play 'Dancing Queen' eventually.
Well that's popular enough over here.

Whatever happens at the end of this game, How's innings here has been something of a revelation. Even if he never bats this way again, which he might not do, I never even thought he'd do it once.

Will Collingwood dare to bowl Anderson again? Himself and Shah have so far been far more economical than they should be. Will he go to Wright?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Haha, yeah the music at cricket matches in NZ is the same at all ground. The DJ is stuck in the past. Probably a DJ from a "Classic Hits" type station that they bring in for the cricket.

Just looking at the run needed from balls left scenario. 164 off 132.
Thats a gap of 32. Would be interesting to keep an eye on that up to the 40th over. If NZ can manage to keep it around 40 odd and not lose too many wickets, then its gonna be a ripper.

Best music was in the chch 2020 game.. it was all trance and prog trance and house

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This appealing is getting silly.

109 from 90.

Sheeysh, my internet is fooked. I'm off to bed, methinks. May the best team win. Looking like NZ, but I've headed to sleep and found things have turned-out the way I wasn't expecting more than once before now.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Sheeysh, my internet is fooked. I'm off to bed, methinks. May the best team win. Looking like NZ, but I've headed to sleep and found things have turned-out the way I wasn't expecting more than once before now.
Sheesh, whats this? Dicko taking one for the team?
You would rather sleep than watch what could be a rip snorter of a finish?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Doubt I'll sleep... until this is over. But I CBA waiting an eternity for the page to load.

Anyway, one last post... the target is now down under 100. Taylor gets another lovely off-side shot away off Shah.

I'll leave it at 92 required off 78. A-run-a-ball plus 14 required. Anderson back on.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
lol, Nasser put the knockers on Taylor there.

"Another NZ batsmen on his way to a 50.......

OUT

That makes things a little more interesting. Another wicket here and England are in with a shot.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Doubt I'll sleep... until this is over. But I CBA waiting an eternity for the page to load.
Server load is fine Rich, so it could be a problem at your end.

If you experience more problems, let me know, and I'll get you to try a few things.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha, just catching up on the thread. Loved the writing off of How so early on. Certainly silenced a few critics IMO, showing he can play with more than one speed if the situation arises.

Also, got to love Collingwood. Cracking stuff from the captain.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Haha, just catching up on the thread. Loved the writing off of How so early on. Certainly silenced a few critics IMO, showing he can play with more than one speed if the situation arises.

Also, got to love Collingwood. Cracking stuff from the captain.
I was one of those. But I wasn't really writing him off as a player. Just thought he would do more harm than good, coming in with lots need at a quick rate.

I am glad he has shown that he has more than one gear. He played a similar sort of innings last time at Napier (I was at the ground) but had been batting so slow in the previous ODI's.

This pitch seems to have done wonders for the out of form NZ batsmen. Taylor, How, Styris all seem to have a good hit. Now lets hope Fulton can get in some nick, and its all looking good for the Test series. Granted Test and ODI`s are different forms of the game, but batting is batting.

Love to see How take Cummings place in the Test side. I'm pretty sure he was going to before this innings anyhow.

EDIT: Oh dear