• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum looks like one of those blokes that carries a knife in his sock at all times.
Saw him in a fight outside a nightclub in Dunedin in about 2000. He was saying to the other guy (who was rather large) "nah, look mate, I don't want a fight" then, from the sides, came Bazza's mates, who tackled the big bugger to the ground and kicked the almighty crap out of him. I think McCullum got a couple of slippers in too...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Disappointing shot from Ryder, big heave across the line although it took a great catch from Anderson to see him dismissed.
He needed to play that sort of shot to chase this total TBH.

Now the music turns to Matthew Wilder, a one-hit wonder in this country.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Sheez, I would have liked to see Vettori fiddle with the order. Not just given the size of the chase, but considering McCullum has been a bit out of sorts since he got hit. I think Taylor would have been a better option.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
That'd clearly be preferable, but I think it's fairly optimistic to expect to win without losing 7 or 8 wickets (obviously, if it's down to Martin, the chances of winning are remote).

How has to bat, really, and while as I said he's not the man I'd want coming in now, I'm not sure jiggling the batting-order would help.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
How has to bat, really, and while as I said he's not the man I'd want coming in now, I'm not sure jiggling the batting-order would help.
I wouldn't mind him in there if McCullum was on the attack like normal. But as you can see, he has clearlt been affected by that blow to the hand.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson back on. Something likely to happen, including the chance of Anderson getting a wicket.

Well How about that.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't mind him in there if McCullum was on the attack like normal. But as you can see, he has clearlt been affected by that blow to the hand.
Really getting into the spirit of things, with 3 off 10 chasing near enough to 350.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup agreed, though if he can find the boundary more often like just then he could prove his use at number three after all - wouldn't necessarily bet on it though. Taylor at three for me was much more ideal for the team, especially with McCullum still at the crease.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
How hits the ball straight to the fielder so many times. If he only placed the ball a bit better, even drop and ran, his batting wouldn't bother me so much.

He is good in an anchor role, but when chasing 350ish, you really cant afford to have an anchor unless someone is going totally beserk at the other end.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
How hits the ball straight to the fielder so many times. If he only placed the ball a bit better, even drop and ran, his batting wouldn't bother me so much.

He is good in an anchor role, but when chasing 350ish, you really cant afford to have an anchor unless someone is going totally beserk at the other end.
Dippenaar-esque. Except not quite as good.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year

Thats the main issue most, including me, have with Jamie. Tbh hes almost like Sinclair in that regard, a tendency to hit the ball to the fielders more often than finding the gaps in the field.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:laugh: Sky Sports now showing the Duleep Trophy final over here!

(Wouldn't have anything to do with England A's involvement in the competition of course? Sadly they didn't make said final)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Even by Anderson's standards, even by this winter's Anderson's standards, this is shocking.

Odds on him threatening Harmison's record?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Even by Anderson's standards, even by this winter's Anderson's standards, this is shocking.
Must be a bit off-putting with McCullum's dancing at the crease (now there's an ideal :p ) though...but still quite poor bowling. 0/61 off 6... :blink:

McCullum looking a little more at ease too.