• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Y'know, Soms, have just noted - Ryder and Fleming's drive is pretty similar.

Wow, the last over contained a 0, a 1, a 2, a 3, a 4 and a 6. Apparently Sky Sports' statistician has never knowingly seen such an over before. I certainly haven't.
Haven't noticed it myself....in terms of class they're pretty alike mind!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Another flat six.

New Zealand's middle-order will never have a better chance to get back into nick.

Anderson 4 overs for 44. Broad surely to come on next over you'd imagine.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopkins to debut in the Test series?
Knowing McCullum he'll fight through it...hard to know the extent of the problem at the moment...I can't see anyone jumping ahead of Hopkins in the queue if McCullum was ruled out though.

And another 17 off Anderson...Ryder on fire!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
McCullum's still looking very far from comfortable here. Sidebottom's good bowling obviously playing a part tho.

Martin Crowe now on commentary. Well, he's better than Doull or Richardson I suppose. 8-)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson so far in 2007\08: 9 games, 5.47-an-over, average 59.33
Broad so far in 2007\08: 9 games, 4.45-an-over, average 17.80

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hahaha, Neil picked me up on that a while ago. Dunno, TBH, I'm well aware that the foreslash is the correct way of doing it, but I habitually use the backslash and can't seem to get out of the habit. It's almost an instinctive movement on the keyboard now.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So, with 40 overs left, New Zealand need 270 for the tie. Ryder goes to the 1st ball of the 11th. How, one feels, not the man you want coming in at this point.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ross Taylor would be a better player to have coming in now. Especially with McCullum still struggling to find too much power in his shots.

Disappointing shot from Ryder, big heave across the line although it took a great catch from Anderson to see him dismissed.