• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Woeful opening over from Anderson, damn fortunate to go for just 6.

But Sidebottom achieves swing, something NZ never did, and something that chasing a massive total like this could prove decisive even if just for 5 or 6 overs.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I have to say that I'm concerned that none of the bowlers seemed to want to attempt bowling full and wide of off stump to Pietersen in particular, as it seemed that the English tactic today was to hoick everything over the leg side. At the very least you should be bowling full and forcing the batsmen to drive the ball at a ground with such short square boundaries.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, 16toS, was wondering where you were.

On that note, too, surprised at the lack of Phlegm so far.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jesse mishits that over mid-on, not for four tho.

Jeys, look at me, I go on about how poor it is calling MSP "Monty" like everyone does over here, now I fall for the same thing for the Kiwi who appears to be rapidly becoming New Zealand's MSP.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Good-ish opening over from Sidebottom, he could be dangerous in this opening spell. Anderson's wasn't so flash.

McCullum playing shots a bit too cute atm.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
McCullum now swishing at short deliveries. FFS, how difficult is it to hit them out of the park? Collingwood was.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson finally getting the pasting he should've got from 1st ball. Now McCullum struck on the gloves.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We're now treated to the only decent song off the most recent Greenday album as McCullum receives treatment.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Y'know, Soms, have just noted - Ryder and Fleming's drive is pretty similar.

Wow, the last over contained a 0, a 1, a 2, a 3, a 4 and a 6. Apparently Sky Sports' statistician has never knowingly seen such an over before. I certainly haven't.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Anderson's been pretty unlucky. 1 fell just short of Sidebottom in the first over, followed by one that hit the splice and landed between short fine and square leg. Then Ryder splices one just past Broad and McCullum was dropped by Mustard.

Good to see McCullum cop one, smarmy little ****.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Anderson's been pretty unlucky. 1 fell just short of Sidebottom in the first over, followed by one that hit the splice and landed between short fine and square leg. Then Ryder splices one just past Broad and McCullum was dropped by Mustard.
Hardly dropped, barely got a hand on it.

Anderson's also been very fortunate to get away with a large number of rubbish deliveries. Every single ball of his opening over was short and leg-side.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Ah, 16toS, was wondering where you were.
Well, I don't tend to come on here and commentate during games much.

I did manage to head down to the pub during lunch and catch a bit of the game, considering knocking off early to watch some more :cool: