• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bad error from Collingwood here to give Mascarenhas this extra over. Would have been much better off with Collingwood bowling out, especially with 3/43 off 9.

Fearing 240+ here.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How have we let them make 234 from 64/5 and 95/6.

If Blacks had done that, Smith wouldn't have let us eat during the interval.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Hmm who was the umpire at the end it was bowled?

Rauf certainly hasn't had the best game.
It wasnt Rauf methinks.

Good recovery in the end by NZ. Great innings by Oram and Vettori. Shame Oram fell short of an international century yet again. Still 235 isnt a great score, but it gives NZ a chance if they bowl well. We finally might have a close contest here.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
64-5 and we cant even bowl them out in the 50 others. ONLY ENGLAND have the potential to be so good and yet so crap in the same game.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ideally, England should have been chasing less but they're in with a great chance here.
NZ don't always perform well at Eden Park and I think if England can accumulate against Vettori and keep their wickets then they'll go close to winning if not all the way.

I think Fulton will be dropped for the next 2 ODI's. But who knows who'll come in for him? i'd keep the team pretty much the same otherwise.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Englang got a bit of a raw deal out of Duckworth-Lewis this time.

Losing 3 overs including 2 powerplay overs, and only needing to get 6 fewer runs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Weren't England 30 mins behind the finish time though? I wasnt here to see it but I heard that they were well behind their over rate.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Weren't England 30 mins behind the finish time though? I wasnt here to see it but I heard that they were well behind their over rate.
Yeah, they were. But they don't lose overs anymore, do they?
I think the captain just gets fined.

EDIT:
2 maidens and then Cook slogs it straight to mid on.
Another poor start after a rain delay for England.

Last edited: