• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Non Test Playing Nations!!!

Which Non Test Playing Nation Do U Support?

• Total voters

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Which Team Will Qualify to Americas Division two from Div three?

ICC Intercontinental Cup 2k7-2k8:
6th - 9th March - UAE V Ireland, Abu Dhabi
3rd - 6th April - UAE V Netherlands, Sharjah

Ireland's Tour Of Bangladesh:
15th March - Arrival
18th March - Ireland V Bangladesh, 1st Odi
20th March - Ireland V Bangladesh, 2nd Odi
22nd March - Ireland V Bangladesh, 3rd Odi

Ireland Squad:
Trent Johnston (Railway Union) Captain, Andre Botha (North County), Alex Cusack (Clontarf), Philip Eaglestone (Strabane), Thinus Fourie (Merrion), Gary Kidd (Waringstown), Kyle Mc Callan (Waringstown), Eoin Morgan (Middlesex), Kevin O' Brien (Railway Union), Niall O' Brien (Northants), William Porterfield (Gloucestershire) Vice-captain, Boyd Rankin (Warwickshire), Paul Stirling (Cliftonville), Reinhardt Strydom (North County), Greg Thompson (Lisburn).

Phil Simmons - Coach, Gavin Craig - Manager, Mark Mc Donald - Physio, Peter Johnston - Video Analyst.8-) :thumbup:

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Last edited:

DCC_legend

International Regular
Ireland Squad:
Trent Johnston (Railway Union) Captain, Andre Botha (North County), Alex Cusack (Clontarf), Philip Eaglestone (Strabane), Thinus Fourie (Merrion), Gary Kidd (Waringstown), Kyle Mc Callan (Waringstown), Eoin Morgan (Middlesex), Kevin O' Brien (Railway Union), Niall O' Brien (Northants), William Porterfield (Gloucestershire) Vice-captain, Boyd Rankin (Warwickshire), Paul Stirling (Cliftonville), Reinhardt Strydom (North County), Greg Thompson (Lisburn).
Nice to see some NCU players [Kidd, McCallan, Stirling and Thompson] in the squad, which in recent times has been overly dominated by LCU and NWCU players, with the odd English County player thrown in. Really do hope Paul Stirling can show his true potential in these games, as well as the U19 World Cup.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I think those franchise names are a bit cheesy:dry: . Still I will set about looking foir actual squad detail in the Kenyan press and report back here.

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ireland Squad:
Interesting team, not many surprises there. Shame about Bray's injury, he would have made the squad a bit stronger but having said that it's nice to have all the county players.

I'm expecting a 2-1 series win for Bangladesh, but with Bangladesh's reputation for being a hit and miss squad it could end 3-0 to them or 3-0 to Ireland.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Any reason why Gary Wilson of Surrey didnt get selected?

Ive never seen him play so dont know if he is good enough, but would be a good reflection of Irish cricket if they are strong enough to leave out a guy good enough to be in a County First team squad

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
CRICKET: Finally, a unified national league for Kenya is here

Story by RICHARD MWANGI
Publication Date: 2/14/2008

The Cricket Kenya Sahara Elite Cricket League is set to take off on Saturday with a Twenty20 tournament at the Nairobi Gymkhana from 1.30pm.

Kenya captain, Steve Tikolo, will lead Eastern Aces against Northern Nomads, which is skippered by his national vice-captain, Thomas Odoyo. Kennedy Obuya’s Southern Stars will face Western Chiefs, which is captained by Peter Ong’ondo. Each team has a good balance of both experienced and upcoming players.

The CK chief executive officer, Tom Tikolo, on Wednesday said in a press statement that the event is finally here with us as part of the ongoing restructuring of their domestic leagues and tournaments. The league will be played by the top sixty players who will be divided into four teams of relatively equal strengths under the tutelage of selected coaches and managers. Each team has four national players.

Tikolo said the twenty20 event will be followed by one day games and first class matches respectively and that they hope to have the leagues become permanent annual fixtures on their annual calendars. He also said that the selection of players will henceforth depend on their participation in the tournaments.

The tournament has created avenues for veteran players to give back to the game by providing their expertise. Bernard Owino who is Maurice Odumbe’s elder brother will be the Nomads’ team manager while Joseph Angara will be team coach.

The Aces’ will be managed by Daniel Macdonald, Tony Suji’s elder brother and be coached by Shahid Bwibo. The acting national team coach, Alfred ‘Boi’ Njuguna will also handle the Stars while Davinder Bharji, Kenya’s national team manager plays the same role for the stars. Martin Suji will coach the chiefs while David Tikolo will be the team manager.

The introduction of the league will complement the Nairobi Provincial Cricket Association league which for many years has been the sole source of producing players for the national team.

The Mombasa-based players will now have an opportunity of playing with and against national team players and the should therefore be the main beneficiaries of the new tournament.

* The search for the national team coach to fill the position left vacant by Roger Harper seems to have narrowed down to two, Ian Harvey of Australia and Andy Kirsten of South Africa.

The CK chairman, Samir Inamdar disclosed that they were keen on getting Harvey as a full-time coach but it turned out that he could not be available as he was taking part in the India Cricket League.

Source Daily Nation [http://www.nationmedia.com/dailynation/nmgcontententry.asp?category_id=5&newsid=116774]
(Subscrpition required)

Chemosit

First Class Debutant
I think those franchise names are a bit cheesy:dry: . Still I will set about looking foir actual squad detail in the Kenyan press and report back here.
full squads can be found here:

http://www.cricketeurope4.net/DATABASE/ARTICLES2/articles/000027/002735.shtml

As for the names, well I'm going to have to own up and take the blame for at least 3 of those :goof: . The idea was to make it more interesting than Norths, Souths, Easts and Wests. Ideally, CK will be looking for name sponsors for each team, thus the Southern Stars could become the Safaricom Southern Stars. I agree, they are a bit cheesy, but sometimes cheesy can help capture people's imagination.

DCC_legend

International Regular
Interesting team, not many surprises there. Shame about Bray's injury, he would have made the squad a bit stronger but having said that it's nice to have all the county players.

I'm expecting a 2-1 series win for Bangladesh, but with Bangladesh's reputation for being a hit and miss squad it could end 3-0 to them or 3-0 to Ireland.
I'm expecting a 2-1 series win to Ireland. They've got alot stronger and Bangladesh, as you've said, are a very hit and miss team. However, it's down to how much both side want it. I reckon Ireland could be more up for the games than Bangladesh.

Janus, Are people in Ireland aware & intrested in this Series?
I don't know how widely spread it's been down south, but up in the North it's been publicised, to a small extent. Made the Belfast Telegraph, which is probably one of the bigger papers in Northern Ireland, so i'm sure alot of the cricketing community who choose to read the paper, will know. It's been published on the NCU CricketEurope site and CricInfo AFAIK, so i'm sure a few people will have caught glances there.

I'm sure most of the Ireland supporting cricket population will support the team. I suppose it'll be relatively low level support if the matches are not broadcast live, however.

Any reason why Gary Wilson of Surrey didnt get selected?

Ive never seen him play so dont know if he is good enough, but would be a good reflection of Irish cricket if they are strong enough to leave out a guy good enough to be in a County First team squad
I'd put it down to better batting options. Obviously they'd be better to bring him as cover, but they've gone with youth [Paul Stirling] and the hope that Niall O'Brien doesn't get injured.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I feel The Idea of Africa Cup is one of the best thing to happen in cricket, that too at the right time... Teams such as Uganda, Kenya & Namibia can really show their skill & can atleast be promised a tournament every year... I fell Even Euro Cup could be a good idea as there is already England + 3 Teams with odi stutus...

For Eample:

Asia Cup, June 2k8:
1) India
2) Srilanka
3) Pakistan
4) Bangladesh
5) UAE
6) Hong Kong

Africa Cup, June 2k8:
1) South Africa
2) Zimbabwe
3) Kenya
4) Namibia
5) Uganda
6) Tanzania

Euro Cup, June 2k8:
1) England
2) Ireland
3) Scotland
4) Netherlands
5) Denmark
6) Italy/Norway.

Finalists Of each cup to play global tournament:

Example:

Euro,Afro,Asia Cup, July or Aug 2k8:
1) India
2) South Africa
3) England
4) Srilanka
5) Ireland
6) Zimbabwe

This format should be held once in every two year...

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel The Idea of Africa Cup is one of the best thing to happen in cricket, that too at the right time... Teams such as Uganda, Kenya & Namibia can really show their skill & can atleast be promised a tournament every year... I fell Even Euro Cup could be a good idea as there is already England + 3 Teams with odi stutus...

For Eample:

Asia Cup, June 2k8:
1) India
2) Srilanka
3) Pakistan
4) Bangladesh
5) UAE
6) Hong Kong

Africa Cup, June 2k8:
1) South Africa
2) Zimbabwe
3) Kenya
4) Namibia
5) Uganda
6) Tanzania

Euro Cup, June 2k8:
1) England
2) Ireland
3) Scotland
4) Netherlands
5) Denmark
6) Italy/Norway.

Finalists Of each cup to play global tournament:

Example:

Euro,Afro,Asia Cup, July or Aug 2k8:
1) India
2) South Africa
3) England
4) Srilanka
5) Ireland
6) Zimbabwe

This format should be held once in every two year...
Throw in an America's Cup and boom we have a possible way to a truly credible World Cup qualifier.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
But We dont have teams of enough standerd to... Onle West Indies...:-(

Anyways guys the sucess of this thread encouraged me for the first time to open a blog on "Non Test Playing Nations" pls check it out & let me know how do u want me to update it...

www.ntpn. blog spot . com (Without spaces)
Hope U Like It...

Last edited:

Janus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Janus, Are people in Ireland aware & intrested in this Series?
Not in the slightest, but that's more down to lack of television coverage and no publicity on the part of the ICU. People in Ireland are much more aware and interested in The Six Nations Rugby at the moment. Only those that are truly passionate about cricket actually know that the team is going to Bangladesh.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
U19 World Cup - Update:
17th Feb:
Match 01: Malaysia Lost to Pakistan.
Match 02: Ireland Lost to England.
Match 03: India Defeat PNG.
Match 04: Australia Defeat Namibia.

Last edited:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
U19 World Cup - Update: