• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harbhajan reignites racism storm

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
Actually here's the transcript:

TRANSCRIPT of audio picked up from the Channel Nine stump microphone of alleged incident between Harbhajan Singh and Andrew Symonds at the SCG Test earlier this month.

Symonds walks up to Harbhajan at the end of an over.

Symonds: "Go and yell at your teammates .... You called me monkey again."

Matthew Hayden: "Twice. You've got a witness now champ."

Hayden approaches Harbhajan.

Hayden: "That's the last time."

Harbhajan: "No listen he started it."

Hayden: "Doesn't matter mate, it's racial vilification mate. It's a **** word and you know it."

Soon after, Michael Clarke approaches umpire Mark Benson.

Clarke: "It's not the first time. He done it in India and got into strife. That's the second time he's done it."

Captain Ricky Ponting walks up to Benson and gestures towards fellow umpire Steve Bucknor.

Ponting: "Go and tell him. Go and tell him straight away."

Well done Bhajji you idiot. So many people spent so long defending this douche as well.
Only person to say monkey is Symonds.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah according to that, it seems like CA played a big part in this. Not so much withdrawing the charges, but along the same lines anyways. Seems like they wanted the whole thing to go away just as much as anyone.
According to reports here (Dubai), Tendulkar and Ponting reached a compromise and both approached bench with desire to have charges downgraded

duffer

Just saw whole thing on FSN too. All of India went into bat for this liar. Cannot believe what's happened.

social

Just saw whole thing on FSN too. All of India went into bat for this liar. Cannot believe what's happened.
Dont worry, his reputation is trashed, tour goes on, money keeps being made - ends justify the means

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Actually here's the transcript:

TRANSCRIPT of audio picked up from the Channel Nine stump microphone of alleged incident between Harbhajan Singh and Andrew Symonds at the SCG Test earlier this month.

Symonds walks up to Harbhajan at the end of an over.

Symonds: "Go and yell at your teammates .... You called me monkey again."

Matthew Hayden: "Twice. You've got a witness now champ."

Hayden approaches Harbhajan.

Hayden: "That's the last time."

Harbhajan: "No listen he started it."

Hayden: "Doesn't matter mate, it's racial vilification mate. It's a **** word and you know it."

Soon after, Michael Clarke approaches umpire Mark Benson.

Clarke: "It's not the first time. He done it in India and got into strife. That's the second time he's done it."

Captain Ricky Ponting walks up to Benson and gestures towards fellow umpire Steve Bucknor.

Ponting: "Go and tell him. Go and tell him straight away."

Well done Bhajji you idiot. So many people spent so long defending this douche as well.
This NOT evidence, where is the part where he says anything near the alleged word?? there is only him denying that he started it, that is not the same as him saying it or admitting that he said it.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Haha knew what the vedict was going to be all along, just cop it on the chin like what you all aussies say.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Dont worry, his reputation is trashed, tour goes on, money keeps being made - ends justify the means
Reputation trashed??? Not really, he is as popular as ever if not more back in India and the subcontinent, his board & his team supports him. I am not sure if his reputation in the view of the Australian team counts.

pasag

RTDAS
Reputation trashed??? Not really, he is as popular as ever if not more back in India and the subcontinent, his board & his team supports him. I am not sure if his reputation in the view of the Australian team counts.
The board and team support him in public, but I'm sure they're pretty upset about the headache he's been apart of and I wouldn't be surprised if he's given a bit of the cold shoulder treatment in the future, once this dies down.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
The board and team support him in public, but I'm sure they're pretty upset about the headache he's been apart of and I wouldn't be surprised if he's given a bit of the cold shoulder treatment in the future, once this dies down.
Not really, the Indian team are definitely not upset with him, even if he HAD said the alleged word they would still have supported him because basically to the Indians the word 'monkey' regardless of its connoctations is nowhere as bad as what the Aussies say on the pitch.

Last edited:

sideshowtim

Banned
This NOT evidence, where is the part where he says anything near the alleged word?? there is only him denying that he started it, that is not the same as him saying it or admitting that he said it.
Hahaha it's not evidence? It's the most damning evidence that has been presented. Face it, Harbhajan made the comments. Had he said maa ki he would've clarified that the moment Symonds said "You call me a monkey". He didn't instead saying "he started it". He's guilty. Quit trying to defend the lying racist.

biased indian

International Coach
No dont think so...if so sreesanth and him should have stopeed it long time ago....wait for the one day series to start you will see sreesanht back to the old ways even though he has been publically asked to clam down by the borad..its all just to show to th emedia and public..internaly i thnk lot of peopl in the team dont mind them having a go at the opposition ...and particulary aganist aussies

sideshowtim

Banned
What does this mean?
It must've been in reference to when Harby took a catch in the ODI series and yelled at the team mate who had previously put a simple one down...Can't remember who it was...but it was unsavoury behaviour to say the least.

pasag

RTDAS
Not really, the Indian team are definitely not upset with him, even if he HAD said the alleged word they would still have supported him because basically to the Indians the word 'monkey' regardless of its connoctations is nowhere as bad as what the Aussies say on the pitch.
Nah disagree, this is all more or less conjecture but I'd imagine they see him a loose cannon who causes more problems then he solves (with his bowling) and isn't really worth the effort. Much like Jardine who was heavily backed by the board in public but shoved away pretty quickly after all had been said and done.

social

Performers generally appreciate the respect of their peers as much as anything

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Hahaha it's not evidence? It's the most damning evidence that has been presented. Face it, Harbhajan made the comments. Had he said maa ki he would've clarified that the moment Symonds said "You call me a monkey". He didn't instead saying "he started it". He's guilty. Quit trying to defend the lying racist.
I am not defending anyone, but you seem intent on misinterpreting a transcript either out of ignorance or malice. Not clarifying is not the same as admitting guilt. Which book of law have you read which says so??