• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

taitmachine

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Game prediction:

India win toss and bat. First Innnings of 415. Tendulkar/Laxman with the runs. Clark the wickets.

Australia reply with 380 on the back of a Ponting ton. Wickets shared around.

India 2nd Innings 285 - Ganguly with high score. Lee and Hogg the main wicket takers.

Chasing 320 to win Australia chases it down with Hayden and Gilli in the runs.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Will not be posting for the duration of this match as well, since it seemed to work last time (no I am not superstitious, but yeah, actually I am now :p). So goodbye thread, see you all as soon as India takes that last wicket ;).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And they're showing their vulnerabilities even more by refusing to put Dravid up the order, acknowledging it was a mistake last time. More psych food for Australia.

Harbhajan Singh comes in for Wasim Jaffer and Irfan Pathan will open the batting with Virender Sehwag.
:blink:

asdfg

Cricket Spectator
Mistake. India obviously have doubts about their ability to bowl Australia out. Psychological advantage to Australia at this point.
Well then by your logic India obviously feels secure about their batting to go in with 1 less batsman. This could be interpreted as the Aussie bowling being not good enough.:laugh:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Game prediction:

India win toss and bat. First Innnings of 415. Tendulkar/Laxman with the runs. Clark the wickets.

Australia reply with 380 on the back of a Ponting ton. Wickets shared around.

India 2nd Innings 285 - Ganguly with high score. Lee and Hogg the main wicket takers.

Chasing 320 to win Australia chases it down with Hayden and Gilli in the runs.
Not dropping Clarke today? :cool:

IMO there will be at least 1 total of 500.

Top_Cat

Well then by your logic India obviously feels secure about their batting to go in with 1 less batsman. This could be interpreted as the Aussie bowling being not good enough.:laugh:
If you didn't understand logic, yes.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I love this lineup. I'll go on record saying that, so I can't bitch about it later :p. I think Kumble is being aggressive and trying to get 20 wickets, plus Jaffer was a passenger in the side, so this works out well. Good move!

asdfg

Cricket Spectator
You say India is going in with an extra bowler meaning they don't have confidence in bowling.

But they must have confidence in their batting or confidence in the inability of Aus. bowlers to take wickets, else they would not drop a batsman!!!

Makes good sense to me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If you didn't understand logic, yes.
Dunno - that's just as logical. You pick one less batsman because you think you can still score without it, or you pick one more bowler so you can take the wickets.

I think in the end, it came down to the fact that Harbhajan will add more value to the side than Jaffer.

Burgey

Dunno - that's just as logical. You pick one less batsman because you think you can still score without it, or you pick one more bowler so you can take the wickets.

I think in the end, it came down to the fact that Harbhajan will add more value to the side than Jaffer.
He's had a bad series hasn'the? I reckon my big toe could have contributed as much as he has this series. Nicks 'em for a living.

Top_Cat

Possibly but opening the batting with Pathan? It reminds me very much of what the Indian team did years ago when they opened with Manoj Prabhakar. He essentially held up and end and this puts pressure on the guys at the other end to score. Plus, unless they're assuming he doesn't bat for long, he'll have to bowl. Just seems unduly burdensome for a bloke who has only just got his bowling back in order. Defensive move for mine.

Last edited: