• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nup, you guys are targetted because you consistently act like pricks.

Sree is bad but nowhere near as terrible as Nel or McGrath amongst others. This whole tall poppy syndrome argument to explain the flak is missing the point completely. They are rightfully criticised.
Sreesanth is worse than Nel (Hayden is a far better example than McGrath btw) because:

a. It's more often than not an attempt at ridicule; and

b. too often he cant back it up (when his bowling average was over 200 against Eng last year, KP was laughing whilst his captain was cringing with embarrassment)

Seriously, where was all this indignation when Kumble held the game up in the recent India - Pak test series to verbally abuse Yousuf?

Answer: wasnt any bacause India won

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hey Shaun Tait, if you want to actually get another over in before the end of play, try and hit the pitch when you're bowling.

And don't stutter in your run-up, and then have a dickhead whinge when the batsman pulls away.

Idiot.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You mean they'll declare before that, or they'll be unable to make it?
Doubt they'd declare then. They'd be 500 in front by lunch Day 4 which is plenty of time to bowl out Australia.
Yea, declaring should be pretty far from their mind. They should certainly bat all day tomorrow, if they are able. And probably declare a bit after lunch tomorrow. I think they'll be bowled out before that, but in an ideal situation, that's what would happen. Five sessions is plenty of time, and you should be able to bowl people out - and if you can't they probably just finished a record chase. :laugh:

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
My prediction is india will fold for 250 something in second innings, leaving australia around 370 to chase in just over two days.
With ganguly still nursing fever and lower order not firing as expected, i hope sehwag take the onus to do well and take the game away from australia.
Lets see how it all pans out tommorow

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
India need to set a target of 500+. They will set a target much lower than that, I am afraid to say.
agreed that the target is very likely going to be much less than 500...however i don't think they need to set a target of 500 to win...however strong a team is, those kind of 2nd innings chases on 4th and 5th day wickets are extremely difficult to near impossible and for australia to win, india will need to have an exceptionally shoddy bowling display...anything in the region of 400 (say 375+) would still be a difficult ask even for the aussies...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
agreed that the target is very likely going to be much less than 500...however i don't think they need to set a target of 500 to win...however strong a team is, those kind of 2nd innings chases on 4th and 5th day wickets are extremely difficult to near impossible and for australia to win, india will need to have an exceptionally shoddy bowling display...anything in the region of 400 (say 375+) would still be a difficult ask even for the aussies...
Yes, anything after 350 will start to worry the Aussies, but if anyone can chase 400+, it is Australia at Perth.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The most encouraging thing for India at this stage was the rip Kumble got from that ball that turned and jumped and just beat Brett Lee's outside edge. Was a real good sign, and you'd expect more of that come late day-3 and early day-4.

Don't think we'll be seeing a day-5, no matter who wins.

JBH001

International Regular
What a day of play. I watched the last two sessions and was exhausted at the end of it.

The last half hour I literally could not sit, and was finding it hard to watch the next ball being bowled. Sehwag's wafts outside off stump did not help either! Expected a wicket to fall though, and Jaffer obliged. That guy seems to have no clue as to where his off stump is, and his poor judgement is, I think, compounded by the fact that his initial movements tend to take him too far across the stumps before he actually plays the ball.

As everyone has said, it will probably come down to the big four and Sehwag (those wides and no-balls sure did come in handy last night as well). If India bat through a days play (however many wicket they lose) they ought to have 300 on the board, which given the runs scored yesterday, and the lead would mean a total of 475 ish to chase for Australia.

More than enough for a famous victory. Anything under 350 though (maybe even 400) and Australia have the edge imo (unless the pitch deteriorates markedly on the fourth day). But more than 400 should be enough.

Cant wait! :D

shame I have to work and miss the morning session though

adharcric

International Coach
Same was being said of Munaf not long ago.
A fully fit Munaf would have been deadly in australia with his reverse swing abilities and control.
Come to think of it if we had zaheer,sreesanth and Munaf all fit then these three pace bowlers would not have been playing in this match.
Except Munaf had a very troubled history and ominous future fitness-wise. Ishant needs to fill up but he at least looks like a natural athlete.

adharcric

International Coach
RP has done well for a while now, he would make it over Munaf.
Munaf has basically been playing below 100% fitness ever since that West Indies tour. That Munaf would make it over RP easily, but that Munaf is a thing of the past. As you say, RP is miles ahead of Munaf as things stand.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, anything after 350 will start to worry the Aussies, but if anyone can chase 400+, it is Australia at Perth.
not saying they will never be able to do it, but there is a reason cases of such run chases being successful are extremely rare in test cricket history...

JerseyGuy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I think India will make 220 in their 2nd innings ..leaving Australia 340ish to win ... which I predict they will get with the loss of about 6 or 7 wickets

and yes I know im not in it!
You seem to be true Oz fan. I think India would put it beyond Australia. Anything more that 450 would be difficult to get. India needs another 300 which should not be diffcult given the batting order. Game would be wide open if they manage to get only 200 more.

BTW, Tait has been a very big disappointment. Too much hype.

Very good test match for India so far.Let's see how today pans out.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
not saying they will never be able to do it, but there is a reason cases of such run chases being successful are extremely rare in test cricket history...
Because teams like Australia hardly end up having to chase that many. Anyway, anything around 400, I expect Aus to win.

howardj

International Coach
Shares in ML Hayden Pty Ltd hit an all time high last night, while investors in Tait Pty Ltd were dumping fast.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shares in ML Hayden Pty Ltd hit an all time high last night, while investors in Tait Pty Ltd were dumping fast.
I do feel sorry for Tait in these circumstances. This is the problem when you're picked in a squad and you then stay with that squad instead of continuing to play FC cricket.

His form at the start of this series at FC level was pretty damn good, and he's now had 3 or more weeks of virtually zero competitive bowling, then gets hyped up and thrown in when he's short of work.

He's been well below par in this match. I'd at least like to see a couple of really good spells from him in this match to really see whether he's got what it takes at the highest level, coz what we've seen so far has been far below his best.