• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Best day of cricket this summer for mine. Refreshing to see the magnificent perfomance by the Indian bowlers coupled with decidedly average batting from Australia.

Highlights:
- India's BACKUP (No Zaheer/Sreesanth remember) three pronged pace attack swinging it all day and making Australia look like Ranji trophy players
- Sharma's dismissals of both Ponting & Clarke. Absolute gems. One this kid fills out and develops his control he's gonna be a star
- Symonds & Gilly. Counterattacking at its best.
- RP's setup of Gilchrist - give him a coupla fours then take him out with a beaut of a ball.
- Knowing that Australia would've struggled to make 150 if Tendulkar held on.
- Kumble turning it miles
- Ponting's face when his team is really in the pits.
- Sehwag's solid start (Oxymoron?)
- Tait's last over where he completely lost the plot - beginning, climax and resolution
- Tait's swearing at himself when he completely fluffed his run up. HILARIOUS
- Knowing that Australia have neva won with Tait in the side. :)

Lowlights:
- Knowing India will f*ck it all up 2moro :(

Same was being said of Munaf not long ago.
A fully fit Munaf would have been deadly in australia with his reverse swing abilities and control.
Come to think of it if we had zaheer,sreesanth and Munaf all fit then these three pace bowlers would not have been playing in this match.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Bit of a bummer that I can't actually watch this, now it looks interesting. Hussey's first duck as well, didn't know he could do that.

Kudos to Kumble on the 600th.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I was watching play in a pub in Dubai with Channel 9 feed and mainly Indian commentators and the only explanation they could give for the appeal was that it was more shock than anything that Kumble had turned his leg-break

Furthermore, Kumble followed it up an over or two later with a huge appeal for lbw when there was a massive inside edge

As I said earlier, usually I'd have no problem but following on from the comments in Sydney, pretty ordinary
Even the aussies were appealing for many useless lbw's in the first innings .
Stuart clark appealed in the second innings for a LBW of pathan which was clearly going down leg and then he appealed for a caught & bowled of the pad.
As they say ,when in rome do as the Romans do.
Atleast we are not claiming catches after rubbing the ball on the ground.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Any idea if Zaheer Khan and Gautam Ghambir will be available for the ODI series with Sri Lanka and Australia? I think Pathan's secured his spot for sure...
Zaheer looks unlikely but Sreesanth is playing again and word is he will be sent in as the peace ambassador.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Any idea if Zaheer Khan and Gautam Ghambir will be available for the ODI series with Sri Lanka and Australia? I think Pathan's secured his spot for sure...
Zaheer looks unlikely but Sreesanth is playing again and word is he will be sent in as the peace ambassador.
Gambhir and uthappa should be back.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neither as clear cut as you say
And yet again neither compare to Dravid being sawn off in the second innings.
No sound is no sound and an inside edge cannot result in lbw

Zero tolerance for appealing is ludicrous but in the hysteria that followed the Sydney test that is the criteria that some wanted applied

Evermind

International Debutant
Incidentally, why is Jacques' name pronounced "Jakes"? Shouldn't it be "Djak", like Jacques Kallis' (the French way, with the 's' at the end silent and the first 'a' long)? It really kinda bothers me.

duffer

No sound is no sound and an inside edge cannot result in lbw

Zero tolerance for appealing is ludicrous but in the hysteria that followed the Sydney test that is the criteria that some wanted applied
Nup, there was more than a reasonable doubt in the Indian appeals, there was none in Gilly's appeal.

Dress it up all you want you guys have a well earned reputation in umpire working that other countires rightfully don't have despite their pathetic imitating of the "Aussie brand" of cricket.

social

Meh, it's your mob who have the rep. Enjoy it, these labels tend to stick.
I dont think the Australians give a toss - winners are grinners etc

Point is that no-one is innocent (there are probably videos like that for every team) but much of the hysteria that followed Sydney was as a result of India folding like a deck-chair.

Australia are a target because as the world's best they're supposed to set an example

Sometimes they dont and they get criticised

Sometimes they do and they still get criticised because they're the world's best and win

Sometimes others are worse e.g. Sreesanth has been consistently worse than any player for the last few years, and excuses are made because he's not Australian

Rairly it's fair

duffer

Point is that no-one is innocent (there are probably videos like that for every team) but much of the hysteria that followed Sydney was as a result of India folding like a deck-chair.

Australia are a target because as the world's best they're supposed to set an example

Sometimes they dont and they get criticised

Sometimes they do and they still get criticised because they're the world's best and win

Sometimes others are worse e.g. Sreesanth has been consistently worse than any player for the last few years, and excuses are made because he's not Australian

Rairly it's fair
Nup, you guys are targetted because you consistently act like pricks.

Sree is bad but nowhere near as terrible as Nel or McGrath amongst others. This whole tall poppy syndrome argument to explain the flak is missing the point completely. They are rightfully criticised.