• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Story of Anil's career. Criminally underrated and underacknowledged by Indians and the rest of the world too.

Absolutely world class in every way.
I won't disagree with that. Even those of us that DO rate him slip up and contrive to underrate him!

Hopefully it turns around as his career wraps up, and he receives the credit and appreciation due to him. :)

adharcric

International Coach
social said:
Good to see the Spirit of Cricket being upheld with the Indians appealing for lbws off the bat and catches when players didnt get near it - they really are shocking hypocrites in that regard
Details please.

adharcric

International Coach
Australia are still very much in the game, partly because of the kind of team they have proven to be in the past. Given two days, the Aussies can be counted upon to chase as much as 400 on this pitch if things go their way. India need to score 250-300 to secure the match IMO.

Last edited:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I remember Clarke's first ball...Honestly...most enormous outside edge for 4 you'll see in your life and all the Indians went up for LBW. It was quite ludicrous.
That was a strange one, but I think both teams are playing in a much better spirit than Sydney.

adharcric

International Coach
I remember Clarke's first ball...Honestly...most enormous outside edge for 4 you'll see in your life and all the Indians went up for LBW. It was quite ludicrous.
Yes, I found that appeal amusing as well but I'm not that disturbed because the noise of the outside edge wasn't very obvious. Clarke had bat and pad close together, the ball moved away late and he played it with an angled bat. Yes, it looked stupid but that and Jaffer's arm guard appeal earlier are not things I would whine about too much in terms of spirit. We've had quality cricket in this test for the most part and there haven't been many side issues, apart from the fact that the over rates continue to blow.

Anyways, I wanted details about the falsely claimed catch, not the lbw appeal.

Last edited:

burr

State Vice-Captain
Seriously, enough about Symonds

With the exception of one hard chance (anyone that has tried to catch a top-edged cut will agree), he smacked the bowlers everywhere and Australia has a lot to thank him for.
What, did the usual suspects start ranting. Glad I wasn't in the thread if that was the case. India needed that bigger lead if they're a hope to win this test, so I'm pleased as I think neither side is out of it at this stage. They'll need to get Sehwag out though or else he'll take the game away from Aus.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What, did the usual suspects start ranting. Glad I wasn't in the thread if that was the case. India needed that bigger lead if they're a hope to win this test, so I'm pleased as I think neither side is out of it at this stage. They'll need to get Sehwag out though or else he'll take the game away from Aus.
I agree that neither side is out of it, but I also believe that no matter what happens tommorow, if India bowl well then they win. It's well and truly in their hands.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Well done to Kumble on claiming his 600th wicket.

I was pretty disappointed with the Aussie top order and Shaun Tait has been dire, not suprising considering he hasn't play a four dayer in a month and a half.

If Australia don't win this match it will mean Shaun Tait has played 3 Tests for Australia without a single victory. 3 Tests doesn't sound that high, but does anyone know of the most recent Australian to not get a win in there first 3 Tests?

social

Details please.
Brett Lee was beaten by a ball that turned and jumped - no bat, glove, pad or anything near the ball and no noise whatsoever and yet both Kumble and Dhoni carried on as if it was a straightforward nick

TBH, it's the sort of thing that happens all the time and doesnt usually bother me but after the comments made in Sydney, it was all a bit rich

duffer

Brett Lee was beaten by a ball that turned and jumped - no bat, glove, pad or anything near the ball and no noise whatsoever and yet both Kumble and Dhoni carried on as if it was a straightforward nick

TBH, it's the sort of thing that happens all the time and doesnt usually bother me but after the comments made in Sydney, it was all a bit rich
Dunno about that one mate. Replays showed that was incredibly close to the glove and there were a couple of noises with bat hitting ground and scraping pad as well. No real song and dance when it wasn't given out either.

Doesn't compare to Dravid's second innings dismissal last time around.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Symods is so horrible, most overrated player ever. Well, the good thing about him is that now that he has established himself, teams will at least get a free wicket every innings because this amount of crazy ass luck simply cannot last long.

The only person I've seen get as lucky was Sehwag a couple years back.

RhyZa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Details on the falsely claimed catches please?

burr

State Vice-Captain
Well done to Kumble on claiming his 600th wicket.

I was pretty disappointed with the Aussie top order and Shaun Tait has been dire, not suprising considering he hasn't play a four dayer in a month and a half.

If Australia don't win this match it will mean Shaun Tait has played 3 Tests for Australia without a single victory. 3 Tests doesn't sound that high, but does anyone know of the most recent Australian to not get a win in there first 3 Tests?
Yeah Tait's been a real let down, I really wanted him to play to; what a fizzer. Hope he lifts tomorrow.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully the umpires keep it even next two days.
At the moment it is 2-2 bad decisions against both teams and I am including the rogers dismissal even though hawk eye showed it clipping leg.
If the umpires had evened out in the sydney test instead of 8-1 to the aussies there was no way india would have lost and might have won.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I'm all for the game being played in the right spirit/good sportsmanship etc etc...however I think Australia got carried away today. There was simply no need to get out for just over 200 as a gesture of goodwill :sleep:
And they say Australia don't play in the spirit of the game. 8-)

social

Dunno about that one mate. Replays showed that was incredibly close to the glove and there were a couple of noises with bat hitting ground and scraping pad as well. No real song and dance when it wasn't given out either.

Doesn't compare to Dravid's second innings dismissal last time around.
I was watching play in a pub in Dubai with Channel 9 feed and mainly Indian commentators and the only explanation they could give for the appeal was that it was more shock than anything that Kumble had turned his leg-break

Furthermore, Kumble followed it up an over or two later with a huge appeal for lbw when there was a massive inside edge

As I said earlier, usually I'd have no problem but following on from the comments in Sydney, pretty ordinary

duffer

I was watching play in a pub in Dubai with Channel 9 feed and mainly Indian commentators and the only explanation they could give for the appeal was that it was more shock than anything that Kumble had turned his leg-break

Furthermore, Kumble followed it up an over or two later with a huge appeal for lbw when there was a massive inside edge

As I said earlier, usually I'd have no problem but following on from the comments in Sydney, pretty ordinary
Neither as clear cut as you say
And yet again neither compare to Dravid being sawn off in the second innings.