• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How good was my scoff at the 550+ calls? Quality scoffing imo.
True. But also, how much do people underrate India's bowling attack?

They've now performed well in South Africa, England and now Australia. Consistently too, and with injuries to key bowlers at certain times. Time people start taking notice I reckon (looking right at you Evermind. SS changed his tone on Indian bowling, time for you to at least give them some credit).

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gah Tait, robbed Johnson of his maiden ton... :(

Ah well, they got over 200, and the lead is 120, really need the bowlers to restrict India 250 at worst.

sideshowtim

Banned
118...OK that's not too far behind...Considering we were 5/61 things could've been worse.

These are the times we need Tait to step up and rip through a batting line up. Hope we see the Indians in a mess by stumps, that would be incredible. I fancy us chasing around 300...350 is too many though.

pasag

RTDAS
Correlation between Australia playing nice and suddenly find themselves with their backs to the wall? :p

Well played India, thorough and sustained performance and their ability to do this without Zaheer makes it all the more extraordinary.

To state the obvious, we need to bowl really well here.

Last edited:

duffer

If our bowlers are as disciplined as they were today I reckon we can defend 300ish. Set for a cracking match now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
We will never have an opportunity to win a test in Australia like this for a long time. I mean seriously, this is a way better chance than Adelaide which we some-how won, and even Sydney (both 2003/04 and 2006/07).

I hope India can do it. :(

Johnners

Correlation between Australia playing nice and suddenly find themselves with their backs to the wall? :p

Well played India, thorough and sustained performance and their ability to do this without Zaheer makes it all the more extraordinary.

To state the obvious, we need to bow really well here.
Don't see how that is going to help the cause :p

sideshowtim

Banned

To state the obvious, we need to bowl really well here.
The new ball is swinging a bit, so Johnson can make a name for himself here. We all know he can swing the ball.

duffer

Australia only lasted 50 overs too. I can imagine they'd be spitting chips in their dressing room.

duffer

The Indian bowling card is really an awesome sight. Showed how well we bowled as a collective attack rather than relying only on one bowler. No passengers today from our bowling attack.

EDIT: Here we go;

Bowling O M R W Econ
RP Singh 14 2 68 4 4.85 (1w
IK Pathan 17 2 63 2 3.70 (2w)
I Sharma 7 0 34 2 4.85 (1w)
A Kumble 12 1 42 2 3.50 (2nb)

Last edited: