• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

masterblaster

International Captain
India can't let these two settle. Ponting and Clarke especially are pretty shaky starters, but Ponting looking better as we speak.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem with 2 lefties bowling inswing to two right handers is that, if they get it slightly wrong and bowl too straight, the batters will get in by playing balls off their pads, whcih these 2 are pdg at.

Still, great stuff from India here with the new ball.

pup11

International Coach
Bracken hasn't played a test in a long time, I don't think you can totally judge him on past performances. He's a massively improved bowler these days. That said, he'd be behind Noffke and probably Hilfenhaus after these four, so he'd need some poor form/injuries to go his way.
Bracken has improved over the years as a bowler and even when he got his chances at the test level, his inability to swing the ball (both red and white ball) then was his biggest handicap, but now he seems to swing the new ball pretty consistently and his Pura cup efforts this season have been pretty good too.
TBH can't see him being recalled into the test side, but he could an ideal replacement for somebody like Clark, if Clark gets injured or is horribly out of form (which again is very unlikely).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bracken has improved over the years as a bowler and even when he got his chances at the test level, his inability to swing the ball (both red and white ball) then was his biggest handicap, but now he seems to swing the new ball pretty consistently and his Pura cup efforts this season have been pretty good too.
TBH can't see him being recalled into the test side, but he could an ideal replacement for somebody like Clark, if Clark gets injured or is horribly out of form (which again is very unlikely).
Clark and Bracken are totally different bowlers, though. Noffke would be a more like-for-like replacement for him really.

pup11

International Coach
Clark and Bracken are totally different bowlers, though. Noffke would be a more like-for-like replacement for him really.
I was talking just keeping Bracken in perspective, so all i was saying was that the only man Bracken can replace in the current Aussie bowling line-up is probably Clark (in case of an injury or terrible form), because he is similar in pace and pretty accurate, he doesn't have the same nip or accuray in his bowling as Clark but he can swing it and has good discipline to him bowling now, though i know that won't happen and Bracken's test career as good as over.

pup11

International Coach
One more thing that's worth noticing is that now Mike Hussey too has a duck to his name, probably wanted to make Clarke feel better about his golden duck from the last game.
Now both Clarke and Hussey are out of the "most innings without a duck in test matches" club!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
One more thing that's worth noticing is that now Mike Hussey too has a duck to his name, probably wanted to make Clarke feel better about his golden duck from the last game.
Now both Clarke and Hussey are out of the "most innings without a duck in test matches" club!
Yeh bro, check out the AB not a fan of ducks thread., my personal favourite.