• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Similar to Hogg; batsmen are forced to go after him in ODI's so he takes regular wickets. In FC matches, they can just sit on him and wait for the loose ones.
Unlike Hogg though, Bracken is actually a very good bowler at first class level. He's just not quite test standard.

pup11

International Coach
After watching Hussey bat today i have got a feeling that he is a compulsive cover-driver, i mean with Australia already 2 down and with lunch around the corner, there was no reason for him to look to cover-drive an away swinging ball, so that's something he needs to work on.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After watching Hussey bat today i have got a feeling that he is a compulsive cover-driver, i mean with Australia already 2 down and with lunch around the corner, there was no reason for him to look to cover-drive an away swinging ball, so that's something he needs to work on.
Yeah but mate, he's averaging 80-odd in test cricket, so if he's compulsive about it, then he really should keep playing it shouldn't he?

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
You can't say he's a 'compulsive' cover-driver, it's just one of his stronger shots and he made a blunder this afternoon against the swinging new ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah but mate, he's averaging 80-odd in test cricket, so if he's compulsive about it, then he really should keep playing it shouldn't he?
There's always room for improvement. He might average 90 if he put it in the cupboard early in his innings. :p

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Yeah he has a tendency to swing it back in to right-handers which is sort of what Hoggard does to left-handers (except much more often), causing them much trouble.

pup11

International Coach
You can't say he's a 'compulsive' cover-driver, it's just one of his stronger shots and he made a blunder this afternoon against the swinging new ball.
Hey mate don't get me wrong, i am not having a go at Hussey but its just that he has got out like this two or three times to RP in this series, so that's something that he needs to keep a check on.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Bracken hasn't played a test in a long time, I don't think you can totally judge him on past performances. He's a massively improved bowler these days. That said, he'd be behind Noffke and probably Hilfenhaus after these four, so he'd need some poor form/injuries to go his way.

pup11

International Coach
I haven't seen Johnson swing the ball much in ODIs, either. He's done it occassionally, yes, but normally only in very favourable conditions.
Yeah that's true and the reason for that is that he has got his wrist position all wrong, when he bowls invariably his seam is pointing towards the slip cordon and that's why most of his bowls slant across the right handers.