• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I guess they are just returning the favour. The shots played by Dravid and Laxman were absolute freebies and are not characteristic of how they play.
I don't get why people expect perfection from every cricketer. Every player is bound to make big mistakes sooner or later. Today Huss and Phil just showed the human element in their games :happy: .

Laurrz

International Debutant
lunch finally lol

ok this session was prolly indias....

the good - we rolled em for 330... thought they could've got 380 tbh..and altho we've loss 3 wickets the lead is 300 odd... almost into 200s
the bad - 3 wickets of course...all lefties hmm

masterblaster

International Captain
Apart from the batting collapse, was a good session for India. Need to get Ponting or Clarke early after lunch. The quicker they bring in Symonds, the better. India in the 40 degree heat must be pumped up now.

As probably the only one who tipped India to do reasonably well at the WACA, I'm happy that they've lived up to my expectations.

Evermind

International Debutant
Gotta say though, no Hayden and look at the difference.
Yep - they're really missing Hayden today.

Anyway just watch Australia get to 350+ anyway. Australia aren't out till they've lost their last wicket, and India aren't in until they've taken every single wicket. How many times have we watched India steal a defeat from the jaws of victory, and Australia do the opposite? One has to observe not just the state of affairs, but also the general tendencies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep - they're really missing Hayden today.

Anyway just watch Australia get to 350+ anyway. Australia aren't out till they've lost their last wicket, and India aren't in until they've taken every single wicket. How many times have we watched India steal a defeat from the jaws of victory, and Australia do the opposite? One has to observe not just the state of affairs, but also the general tendencies.
Everything you say is right, and I have the exact same views. But its how you say it, the condescending tone, the fact that you even refuse to praise India whenever they do well.

I still think Australia will pass our total, and in Sydney when Symonds and Hogg were going I knew they'd get 350+ (didn't think they'd get over 450 though, thanks third umpire). So its not like everyone thinks India will do well all the time, we're not all Turbinator :p

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Wow. I went to lunch and come back and THIS!?

I'm really gunning for Gilchrist to have a big innings.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really. Can you name me one player who thrives when the ball is swinging all over the place?
A 40+ degree day isn't exactly swing-friendly and they're struggling with the swing....

Fact is, Australia have traditionally struggled a bit more than other teams when the ball is swinging and it's a simple matter of, being a hot country and all, not having a huge amount of experience against quality swing bowling. Most Aussie domestic bowlers are seam-up pacers.