• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rough decision in your first innings must be shattering.

Hopefully Irfan's tail is up now. That being said, after he got a first over hattrick vs. Pakistan, you'd think he'd be full of confidence. He didn't do much after that :ph34r:
Tail very much erect atm :happy:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You don't have a problem with LBWs that are going down the legside being given? Thank God you're not an umpire.
May have been going down leg, as I said, but I think it probably would have hit. It was full, Pathan was swinging it away and Rogers had shuffled across slightly. I wouldn't have complained if it was given not out, but I don't have too many issues with that being given.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
rauf trying to even up the bad decisions between the sides..probably because he doesn't want to be called biased...:laugh:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
May have been going down leg, as I said, but I think it probably would have hit. It was full, Pathan was swinging it away and Rogers had shuffled across slightly. I wouldn't have complained if it was given not out, but I don't have too many issues with that being given.
It wasn't too different to the Johnson dismissal of Pathan.

Just feels worse given that it's a top order batsmen.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Feel sorry for Rogers to cop one like that on debut. In defence of Rauf you could sort of see a bit of leg stump at impact so that may have done him in.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jaques out swinging with no footwork outside off-stump. Good Lord I'm....... surprised.

Or not.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It wasn't too different to the Johnson dismissal of Pathan.

Just feels worse given that it's a top order batsmen.
Nah, Johnson's ball to Pathan was definitely out IMO. A lot more doubt over the Rogers one, but I certainly wouldn't say it was a stinker of a decision.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
rauf trying to even up the bad decisions between the sides..probably because he doesn't want to be called biased...:laugh:
Haha particularly since he's Pakistani.

That being said, I wish it was Ponting or Hussey. Rogers on debut doesn't quite equal a well set Sachin :ph34r:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Rogers was probably not out and certainly unlucky but it looked like it straightened more than it actually did. Rogers' head was nowhere near the ball either and he was falling across. Not the worst decision I've seen.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Feel sorry for Rogers to cop one like that on debut. In defence of Rauf you could sort of see a bit of leg stump at impact so that may have done him in.
yeah, he was shuffling across and the leg stump was visible, that might have been the reason for the decision...

Evermind

International Debutant
Seems Rauf's problem is just that he's incompetent, and shouldn't be umpiring at test match level.
Yep! As duffer and I had confirmed before the series. And if I'm not wrong, the last few times I'd seen him, he had been pretty LBW-happy.

Evermind

International Debutant
Nah, Johnson's ball to Pathan was definitely out IMO. A lot more doubt over the Rogers one, but I certainly wouldn't say it was a stinker of a decision.
Huh? The hawkeye disagrees on both counts. Pathan was outside the crease, Rogers was caught on it. Both decisions are dubious, but the Pathan one a lot more so.