• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

adharcric

International Coach
Not hard to do when you've spent your entire career competing with the likes of McGrath and Warne for wickets TBH.
Even though he was competing with the likes of McGrath and Warne for wickets, it would've been pretty hard to do if Lee had a career average of 20 or 25 rather than 30.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even though he was competing with the likes of McGrath and Warne for wickets, it would've been pretty hard to do if Lee had a career average of 20 or 25 rather than 30.
Am I the only person who doesn't understand what Adharcric means :unsure: ?

pasag

RTDAS
Give the batting side six runs for every over not bowled in a day. I'm sure teams would get the overs in then. They used to do it in our senior comps. It was rare we ever bowled less than we had too.
Attach a V-Chip to say, Ricky Ponting, and whenever the bowlers take too much time, this happens:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well when do we start doing that? Now or has the opportunity already gone?
Better late than never. Next time all member nations get togethor this has to be one of the things they do something about. At least have some open dialogue to make sure these things can be settled a lot more satisfactorily next time.

pup11

International Coach
For starters it was a very eventful day of test cricket where India seemed to have their noses ahead through the day, only to throw away the advantage at the closing stages of the day's play.
I think Clark and Lee were superb, IMO Clark was probably the best bowler on show today, but he was unlucky not to get any wickets, Johnson was ok, but tbh i wasn't too impressed with the way he bowled (but his yorker to Dravid was peach of delivery).
Tait was the major disappointment today, a lot was expected of him, but i guess all the anticipation and expectations everyone had with him probably got the better of him, having said that i don't think Ponting used him all that well either, but its Shaun Tait we are talking about, he had a terrible day today but before you know he might run through the remaining Indian batting line-up tomorrow.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very puzzled by Ponting's bowling changes today. First he alludes to Tait being the shock weapon but then bowls him like a stock bowler, not bringing him on until 4 overs before lunch. Then when he does bowl him, he's into the breeze which automatically blunts the 'shock' aspect of your avowed shock bowler. Mitchell Johnson, despite not being the best bowler today (although not the worst), was given more overs than anyone else with Stuart Clark absolutely under-bowled.

Traditionally at the WACA, there's been one bloke who pushes into the breeze (especially in the afternoon session) and Stuie Clark fills that role for mine. Keep him from that end all day with breaks using the spinners and rotate your shock bowlers down-wind. It's like a blueprint for success at the WACA so why did Ponting try to buck the trend?

As it stands, India definitely didn't make the Aussies pay despite Ponting's best efforts at giving them plenty of opportunities to do so. They should feel pretty disappointed at the day's work considering the really good work by Dravid and Tendulkar. The Aussies could have been in real trouble but injudicious shot-playing from India saved them. The Indians shouldn't get beyond 350 tomorrow which will set up the Aussies to bat well on a way flatter-than-hyped Perth deck so I'd suggest they'll be happy with 500+ unless the Indians bowl really well.

masterblaster

International Captain
Back from a scorching hot day at the WACA. Was truly toast when I came home, but a lot of sunscreen applied generously throughout the day prevented sunburn. On the whole, the day was terrific and I recall posting that the pitch won't be as troublesome for the Indian's as most people thought and that was the case today.

Was a true pleasure in watching Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid bat today. Dravid played a great knock for a man low in confidence, and Sachin Tendulkar held his own as he always does. Was a heartwarming moment when Sachin came on to bat as the entire WACA rose to their feet and gave him a standing ovation, brilliant stuff.

What were some of the commentators saying with regards to the Indian batting performance and the pitch today? I thought Shaun Tait and Mitchell Johnson were pretty disappointing myself and definitely would've picked Brag Hogg. Tragic to see Rahul Dravid give it away on 93. Hopefully Dhoni can step up tomorrow and Irfan Pathan can provide him with useful support.

Lots of fun, burnt as toast but had a great day.

Evermind

International Debutant
If India get out around 350, Australia will absolutely crush them. For India to have any hope of drawing or winning (ahahah) they'll have to score 400 minimum and bowl out of their skins.

Australia to get around 550 or so, first innings.

masterblaster

International Captain
Disagree, I think the Jaques/Rogers opening combination provides India with a real in road at the top now that Hayden is missing through injury. Ponting's been in shaky form too. I have a feeling that RP will bowl well this match, although I fear for Irfan Pathan as he's been just woeful in the bowling department over the last couple of years.

pasag

RTDAS
No Harbhajan and no Zaheer means Ponting will clean up, imo. But yeah, I don't think Australia getting 500+ is such a certainty with question marks over pretty much everyone but Hussey (for me anyways).

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
India blew a golden opportunity with some terrible shot selection. Now they'll struggle to reach 350 on this batting beauty. There's no swing here(India's medium pacers are screwed) and little seam movement. Pace and bounce are nothing out of the ordinary. All the pre-match talk was nothing more than hype. Barring shot selection similar to India's Australia should be able to put on a huge 1st innings score. Especially given the sorry condition of India's attack without their 2 best fast bowlers. Just watch Pathan get clobbered all around the park the next 2 days. This guy stopped being a Test bowler a good 2 years ago.

Evermind

International Debutant
No Harbhajan and no Zaheer means Ponting will clean up, imo. But yeah, I don't think Australia getting 500+ is such a certainty with question marks over pretty much everyone but Hussey (for me anyways).
Question marks over who, exactly? Symonds has scored 162 in his previous test. Gilchrist hit a 57-ball century the last time he played here. Ponting and Clarke are due for huge scores, and the openers have faced far more threatening bowling attacks in FC cricket. Hussey glues himself to the wicket every time he plays - that man is harder to get out than Boycott batting to save his granny's life.

The ball is coming on to the bat very nicely, and I'd be shocked if Australia score a run less than 550. Personally I think they'll get to 600+, if a couple of them score big.

The thing about Australia is that if someone fails, someone else always digs in and delivers. The thing about India is that if one player fails, they collapse like dominoes.