• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

pup11

International Coach
Tait is easily trying to save his arse by trying to ball line and length by cutting down on his pace (something he is not too good at), the media touted him to run through the Indian team and said whole load of bull**** praising him and obviously all this has put the kid under some tremendous unnecessary pressure.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tait is easily trying to save his arse by trying to ball line and length by cutting down on his pace (something he is not too good at), the media touted him to run through the Indian team and said whole load of bull**** praising him and obviously all this has put the kid under some tremendous unnecessary pressure.
Dont think that you can read that much into it.

Whilst he's beaten the bat quite a few times, he hasnt bowled well and his figures reflect it

If you look at his entire career, that's the type of bowler he is. One day unplayable, next day all over the shop

sideshowtim

Banned
After being dropped early on, and being dead plumb LBW a bit later, I wonder if Indian fans will rubbish this century as much as they did Symonds' one.

pup11

International Coach
Yeah, realised that mate, I just wanna know what spells these media people have seen that suggest he could get anywhere close.
There is no doubt that the lad can bowl really quickly, he touched 160 clicks during the last years CB series and was bowling in the high 150's in the C-H series in New Zealand and the WC, so yeah he can certainly bowl quick, but there is no bloody chance of him getting anywhere near 170 clicks, unless the speed gun isn't broken.

duffer

Well, the umpires haven't given Rahul 4 lives yet, so if he does ton up it'd be a far better one than Roy's.

pup11

International Coach
Dont think that you can read that much into it.

Whilst he's beaten the bat quite a few times, he hasnt bowled well and his figures reflect it

If you look at his entire career, that's the type of bowler he is. One day unplayable, next day all over the shop
Yeah as i said in my previous post that's the kind of gamble you take when you pick Tait, so Australia have to accept that when they decide to play him.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Awwww, diddums.
God this is lame. Sour grapes much? Can't wait until people stop acting like ****ing children and this thread is readable again.

Anyway, Tendulkar wasn't out, but it wasn't exactly a howler and naturally if you have a series of good shouts over a single spell the chance of having one of them given goes up. Comparing it to the Symonds dismissal in the last test is way off base. There have also been at least two LBW shouts that were probably out that have been turned down.

edit: Geez Symonds is having a good series. Why couldn't it be someone I like?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
LOL, if anything reading that piece made me think he is even more guilty.
Don't see how.

Point is: if he said something racist, then there was no simple apology that was going to suffice. The Australians are pretty convinced it was, I don't know why Kumble comes out trying to make Ponting out as if he is stopping the progress. Pretty poor IMO, at the least he should acknowledge what Ponting has had to weigh up.
Kumble was making out that Ponting was stopping progress because from his POV, he was doing exactly that by not talking. You can't blame Kumble for talking openly about his POV either without blaming Ponting as Ponting had done the same thing when he gave Channel 9 an interview the day after the Sydney test ended. Point is, a lot was said and done and both sides found aspects which they didn't like. If you stop talking, it wont solve any thing. Glad the two people talked in the end.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Ponting's captaincy has been disappointing today, to say very least.
Unimaginative and senseless bowling changes were the order of the day.
EDIT: Meh, as i post this Symonds picks up a wicket and Ponting takes the catch! :oops:

Last edited:

social

There is no doubt that the lad can bowl really quickly, he touched 160 clicks during the last years CB series and was bowling in the high 150's in the C-H series in New Zealand and the WC, so yeah he can certainly bowl quick, but there is no bloody chance of him getting anywhere near 170 clicks, unless the speed gun isn't broken.
Why?

He's easily the quickest bowler in the world and those speeds were reached after relatively short preparations.

According to Jimmy Maher and Martin Love (who've both been around a bit) the spell he bowled at the Gabba early this season was by far the quickest either had seen or faced.

Having seen him bowl domestically (where no speedguns are used), I've no doubt that he's bowled well above 160 already and IMO it's simply a matter of time before he holds the official world record.

165? Probably been there already

170? Unlikely but who knows

social

Unbelievable shot from Dravid - one more wicket and Australia will have had a good day

Technically, Dravid is the same player, mentally he's a bit all over the place

pasag

RTDAS
Dravid :( Why couldn't he get out after the 100?

Have said it before, but will say it again, watching a batsman fight through poor form and overcome it is one of the best things in cricket, imo. Especially when it's a player you like.

pup11

International Coach
Why?

He's easily the quickest bowler in the world and those speeds were reached after relatively short preparations.

According to Jimmy Maher and Martin Love (who've both been around a bit) the spell he bowled at the Gabba early this season was by far the quickest either had seen or faced.

Having seen him bowl domestically (where no speedguns are used), I've no doubt that he's bowled well above 160 already and IMO it's simply a matter of time before he holds the official world record.

165? Probably been there already

170? Unlikely but who knows
Fair enough! :)