• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
Still holding out on Hogg tbh. I know he probably deserved to be dropped, but still, gut says it could still happen.

Moving on, Rauf's facial expressions (or lack thereof) are always great for a laugh. I remember him having a wrap around here as the most incompitent umpire in cricket although that title is debatable these days.
You're very quick to judge on the 4 pacemen idea, but 6 Tests of Hogg not performing to Test standard and you're still not decided?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey, Fair call(s). The main point was "What is your opinion of him?".
There are better batsmen then him in the country.

Hussey being so gun at 4 has made the selection of Rogers make sense.

I've really only seen him play One dayers, and he's not that good at them. But yeah obviously he's got a decent record so I hope he goes well. He's looked nervous in the field today.

sideshowtim

Banned
Australian bullying off the umpires does the trick again. What an appalling decision. Unbelievable.
Oh shut up. I thought it was out the second I saw it (looked plumb live), and Sachin was arguably out LBW earlier to Symonds (hawkeye showed the ball hitting comfortably).

Have a feeling that Indians will go nuts over this.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Rauf doing Bucknor's job for Australia. This decision is right up there with Symonds and Dravids' from the last Test.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australian bullying off the umpires does the trick again. What an appalling decision. Unbelievable.
Bad decision, but your kidding if you think any other Cricket team wouldn't have made an appeal on the wicket ball.

pasag

RTDAS
You're very quick to judge on the 4 pacemen idea, but 6 Tests of Hogg not performing to Test standard and you're still not decided?
Again, it's not about judging from one match, it's about proving something I suspected from before. Same with Hogg, it's not about looking at a few matches, rather I'm still holding out on the original perception that he can become a force in the near future.

Little Master

Cricket Spectator
Oh shut up. I thought it was out the second I saw it (looked plumb live), and Sachin was arguably out LBW earlier to Symonds (hawkeye showed the ball hitting comfortably).

Hitting comfortably?

It was clipping the top of the bails, and it didn't look plumb live, hit outside and going over the top.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Hawk Eye showed the ball clipping the bails. This wasn't even freaking CLOSE! And you can't tell me Australia's exaggerated appeals didn't put Rauf under pressure. Tendulkar was IN THE AIR when the ball hit him and it him over the knee roll! How does the umpire miss that?

As they should.

sideshowtim

Banned
Hitting comfortably?

It was clipping the top of the bails, and it didn't look plumb live, hit outside and going over the top.
Going over the top, yeah probably, but part of the ball was hitting inside the line and that's all that's needed. I thought it looked gone live, easily.

sideshowtim

Banned
As they should.
And that makes them the worst fans in world cricket. If every side went nuts after a 50/50 LBW decision, well...there'd be a lot of angry cricket fans from all nations.

How you can even begin to accuse the Aussies of bullying the umpire in to making the decision is beyond me. I would expect every side in world cricket to appeal for that one. Every side.