• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
You can't just make the generalisation that: "If we can't run through sides with 4 pacers at Perth we should scrap the idea asap.". Who cares what the history of the pitch is like? Look at the pitch itself today. It's bloody dead. It's a flat pitch with no movement and no exceptional bounce at all.
Well I'm not a huge fan of four pacemen in general in Test cricket and if we can't do it here I don't think we'll be able to do it anywhere. With two sessions retrospect, I reckon we should have dropped Johnson, played Tait and Hogg.

And yeah, as Bracken said, the pitch is hardly dead and if this is dead, how much more so every other pitch in the country.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ok... so i hope Australia do well in the last session, but i am not gonna watch the last session i hope that would bring some change in luck for the Aussies, so in meantime i am gonna watch Ocean's Eleven.
Okay I know Ocean's 11 is a good movie, but far out man. I'm wishing I could watch this, and you're not even going to watch because your team is struggling for one session? :blink:

I'm sure you've seen Australia dominate enough to be able to watch some good batting by two of India's greatest batsmen ever for once.

sideshowtim

Banned
Well I'm not a huge fan of four pacemen in general in Test cricket and if we can't do it here I don't think we'll be able to do it anywhere. With two sessions retrospect, I reckon we should have dropped Johnson, played Tait and Hogg.

And yeah, as Bracken said, the pitch is hardly dead and if this is dead, how much more so every other pitch in the country.
When you say "if we can't do it here" it sounds to me like you're implying that this pitch is a beauty for the fast men. It's not really. It's not too different to your common, everyday flat track.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Its still a bouncy pitch though. Hence the LBWs being turned down.

People confuse bouncy wickets as being immediately hard to bat on. Its not if you can play the bounce. It can often be batsman friendly.
yea its bouncy but not really the demon bounce we thought it would be :( media hype lol

pasag

RTDAS
When you say "if we can't do it here" it sounds to me like you're implying that this pitch is a beauty for the fast men. It's not really. It's not too different to your common, everyday flat track.
Will disagree, but conversely if you hold it's not too different from other tracks and they're failing here then on those other tracks we shouldn't be holding our breath either.

sideshowtim

Banned
Will disagree, but conversely if you hold it's not too different from other tracks and they're failing here then on those other tracks we shouldn't be holding our breath either.
I think it's poor that you'd judge the effectiveness of a four-pronged pace attack based upon 2/3rds of a days play. Using your logic, I could go through and find a time when an attack with 3 quicks and a spinner were in an even worse position than 2/190 on a flat track and say it's a terrible formation and bowling tactic.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Some of those Dravid cover drives have been spectacular. OOoooh there's one from Sachin and well fielded.

What does everyone think of this Rogers guy....Pretty handy with the bat is he?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Johnson has easily performed better then Tait has today.

pasag

RTDAS
I think it's poor that you'd judge the effectiveness of a four-pronged pace attack based upon 2/3rds of a days play. Using your logic, I could go through and find a time when an attack with 3 quicks and a spinner were in an even worse position than 2/190 on a flat track and say it's a terrible formation and bowling tactic.
As I said, I don't really like the tactic in Tests in general so this is only reaffirming that. Ie, there is nothing shown here to prove that the less conventional stance of four pacers is worth sticking with, especially with two of those bowlers being Johnson and Tait.

sideshowtim

Banned
Some of those Dravid cover drives have been spectacular. OOoooh there's one from Sachin and well fielded.

What does everyone think of this Rogers guy....Pretty handy with the bat is he?
You generally have to be handy with the bat if you want to play for Australia. Generally.

sideshowtim

Banned
As I said, I don't really like the tactic in Tests in general so this is only reaffirming that. Ie, there is nothing shown here to prove that the less conventional stance of four pacers is worth sticking with, especially with two of those bowlers being Johnson and Tait.
I'd have no problem playing 3 quicks + 1 spinner if we had a Test class spinner. Quite simply, we don't have one.

pup11

International Coach
Okay I know Ocean's 11 is a good movie, but far out man. I'm wishing I could watch this, and you're not even going to watch because your team is struggling for one session? :blink:

I'm sure you've seen Australia dominate enough to be able to watch some good batting by two of India's greatest batsmen ever for once.
No mate its not about me not watching the game just because my team is struggling but i am just not finding the game interesting enough to watch, anyways i saw Ocean's Thirteen yesterday at my mate's place (its only the second time i was watching it) and just to overcome that trauma i feel like watching Ocean's Eleven once again!

pasag

RTDAS
I'd have no problem playing 3 quicks + 1 spinner if we had a Test class spinner. Quite simply, we don't have one.
Still holding out on Hogg tbh. I know he probably deserved to be dropped, but still, gut says it could still happen.

Moving on, Rauf's facial expressions (or lack thereof) are always great for a laugh. I remember him having a wrap around here as the most incompitent umpire in cricket although that title is debatable these days.