• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its still a bouncy pitch though. Hence the LBWs being turned down.

People confuse bouncy wickets as being immediately hard to bat on. Its not if you can play the bounce. It can often be batsman friendly.
Ya, but all the talk of getting the ambulances ready looks pretty hilarious thus far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Check out the second and third balls of the video, that hit the pitch and cut back almost half a metre.
Nah, it's going in the air and then just carrying on. Granted, there seems to be a bit of moment in the pitch, but it's nothing ridiculously alarming. The third ball swung a mile before it pitched.

pup11

International Coach
Ok... so i hope Australia do well in the last session, but i am not gonna watch the last session i hope that would bring some change in luck for the Aussies, so in meantime i am gonna watch Ocean's Eleven.

pasag

RTDAS
Clarke's drop was woeful, can't get over that. Not the most interesting day of Test cricket. Just some initial thoughts: If we can't run through sides with 4 pacers at Perth we should scrap the idea asap. Ponting's captaincy is looking a bit meh today and Johnson really doesn't seem to be troubling anyone like he did in the one dayers. Might need some more coaching or experience or whatever, certainly not the finished product. Was impressed with Symonds here though, looked a tad nippy.

sideshowtim

Banned
Clarke's drop was woeful, can't get over that. Not the most interesting day of Test cricket. Just some initial thoughts: If we can't run through sides with 4 pacers at Perth we should scrap the idea asap. Ponting's captaincy is looking a bit meh today and Johnson really doesn't seem to be troubling anyone like he did in the one dayers. Might need some more coaching or experience or whatever, certainly not the finished product. Was impressed with Symonds here though, looked a tad nippy.
You can't just make the generalisation that: "If we can't run through sides with 4 pacers at Perth we should scrap the idea asap.". Who cares what the history of the pitch is like? Look at the pitch itself today. It's bloody dead. It's a flat pitch with no movement and no exceptional bounce at all.

sideshowtim

Banned
You can't just make the generalisation that: "If we can't run through sides with 4 pacers at Perth we should scrap the idea asap.". Who cares what the history of the pitch is like? Look at the pitch itself today. It's bloody dead. It's a flat pitch with no movement and no exceptional bounce at all.
And it's ridiculous to judge the effectiveness of the 4 pacers idea on 2/3rds of a Day's play on a flat deck against one of the best batting sides in the world. Surely you know that. I doubt we'd be in a different position had Hogg been playing.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Granted, the pitch isn't the WACA of old, but it's far from being dead.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Love the Sachin photo on Cricinfo.

No one plays the upper cut like him IMO.
Darren Lehmann's the best exponent of it that I've seen. Lehmann used to never even give the opposition a chance, he'd hit it straight over the keeper's head, and so late as well.