• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

pup11

International Coach
Sehwag is just throwing the kitchen-sink at everything and he has already played and missed a few deliveries so far.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Yeah it would help Lee's outswinger imo. But who would you rather have from the River End - Lee or Tait? Ponting made the mistake of letting Johnson bowl from the River End.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Aussies are definitely playing for the big edge outside off-stump to Sehwag. In this form, I'd strongly bet he'll give at least one chance soon.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Ponting has definitely missed a trick by not opening with Tait.

I have to say, Johnson really hasn't been all that impressive as a test opening bowler.

pup11

International Coach
What an awful shot from Sehwag. Seriously, how this guy averages nearly 50 as a test opener I'll never know.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out, he rides his luck, hits anything that's in his arc and flat tracks have just helped him do that.
Even in this innings he has been beaten a lot of times, but out of nowhere he comes up with superb shot and that is a sort of think that really frustrates bowlers.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out, he rides his luck, hits anything that's in his arc and flat tracks have just helped him do that.
Even in this innings he has been beaten a lot of times, but out of nowhere he comes up with superb shot and that is a sort of think that really frustrates bowlers.
He's done it on enough non-flat tracks too, though. Yes he rides his luck but he's also a quality opening batsman in form. No-one can rely on luck too much opening the batting and average 50, the two are incongruous.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Yeah Clark's actually bowling a good line with a hint of swing. I have to say I'm surprised I didn't expect him to be bowling well this early in the match.