• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdV70DiuEww

:wacko:

Michael Clarke is now one of my least favourite members of the Australian team. That's one catch where it's not hard to tell at all! It has definitely touched the ground - no question about it.

I sincerely hope Hussey is the next Australian captain.
Gaaaaaaaaaah, sick of people suggesting Hussey will be the next captain (Or Should be). He's the same fricken age as Ponting (well, at most a year younger) so it would be nothing short of pointless.

Perm

He should be playing imo. Who would you go for when Gilchrist and Haddin are out?
Luke Ronchi is one option, but from all accounts his wicket-keeping isn't as good as it should be. Tim Paine has been talked about for a little while now, as has Chris Hartley, but unfortunately Hartley's batting doesn't appear to be that strong. Matthew Wade appears to be a star in making. Australia have several options, in the unlikely event that Haddin and Gilchrist retire almost simultaneously, then they'd probably opt for Ronchi. By the time Haddin plays for a few years after Gilchrist goes, then one of the contenders will have emerged as a clear leader.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
So no-one who disagrees with you is allowed to voice an opinion? If he'd been supportive of the Indian team you'd be singing his praises.
No you miss the point...those relevant can voice opinions ...not someone distant to the issue 10,000 mile away...As I said Clive Lloyd's comments I understand..but not idiot Arthur..

Why not give every Tom Dick and Harry in Cricket to come out with some statements...You may wish to note few subcontinental players/coaches have made any comments bar Wasim akram... something others may wish to take note of...you don't try and pour more oil into the damn fire...you must learn to know your place and when its appropriate to keep your trap shut..something Mickey has obviously not learnt despite his advancing years....

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
No you miss the point...those relevant can voice opinions ...not someone distant to the issue 10,000 mile away...As I said Clive Lloyd's comments I understand..but not idiot Arthur..

Why not give every Tom Dick and Harry in Cricket to come out with some statements...You may wish to note few subcontinental players/coaches have made any comments bar Wasim akram... something others may wish to take note of...you don't try and pour more oil into the damn fire...you must learn to know your place and when its appropriate to keep your trap shut..something Mickey has obviously not learnt despite his advancing years....
Who are you to say deserves an opinion?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdV70DiuEww

:wacko:

Michael Clarke is now one of my least favourite members of the Australian team. That's one catch where it's not hard to tell at all! It has definitely touched the ground - no question about it.

I sincerely hope Hussey is the next Australian captain.
Yeah if Clarke becomes the next captain we've just got another turd leading the team. Huss would be ideal but he's too old unfortunately.
Gaaaaaaaaaah, sick of people suggesting Hussey will be the next captain (Or Should be). He's the same fricken age as Ponting (well, at most a year younger) so it would be nothing short of pointless.
You can't blame people, particularly neutrals, for wanting the Australian team to have a decent and respectful captain.

Someone who is not likely to yell abuse at the opposition coach after being run out. Just can't see Hussey ever doing that.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Ok what are everyone's predictions for the third test at the WACA?
Australia to win. One of the Indian batsmen will get a big century and the thing won't be a thrashing. Lee to be somewhat disappointing, but Clark to take a big haul. Hayden to play, and play well.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Says a Sri Lankan living in New Zealand. Arthur is entitled to his opinion, and if journalists think said opinion is worth printing, they will print it. If you think he's removed from the situation, you can ignore his opinion and even say it isn't worth much, but to actually attack him for something something is absurd, especially when you're as removed from the situation yourself as he is while saying it.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Says a Sri Lankan living in New Zealand. Arthur is allowed to his opinion, and if journalists think said opinion is worth printing, they will print it. If you think he's removed from the situation, you can ignore his opinion and even say it isn't worth much, but to actually attack him for something something is absurd, especially when you're as removed from the situation yourself as he is while saying it.
Only shows utter Crassness of him ...if anything

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member

He's the coach of a major international side (so he's hardly 'every Tom, Dick and Harry'), and he's a member of the cricketing fraternity. He's clearly entitled to express an opinion about an issue that has the potential to have an impact on cricket worldwide, ie. how, and by whom, are umpires selected - a very serious issue of huge interest to anyone playing international cricket. I repeat, I can't see any reason as to why him expressing an opinion offends you other than the fact you disagree with his opinion.

You cite Wasim Akram - how many people here have jumped down his throat for giving his opinion, even though it "has nothing to do with him"? Or Stephen Fleming for giving his opinion?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Only shows utter Crassness of him ...if anything
In what, having an opinion? That's just poor. And yes, I suppose that's your opinion, but given its got nothing to do with you either, people will come to the same conclusion about you I suppose.

Johnners

Yeah if Clarke becomes the next captain we've just got another turd leading the team. Huss would be ideal but he's too old unfortunately.

You can't blame people, particularly neutrals, for wanting the Australian team to have a decent and respectful captain.

Someone who is not likely to yell abuse at the opposition coach after being run out. Just can't see Hussey ever doing that.
Nah, it's not that annoys me, it's the fact that everyone is looking past his age. It's a petty thing really, but annoys the heck out of me.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha, arguing with Jason is like smashing your head against brick wall. No matter how you do it, all you're going to do is end up with a headache.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
He's the coach of a major international side (so he's hardly 'every Tom, Dick and Harry'), and he's a member of the cricketing fraternity. He's clearly entitled to express an opinion about an issue that has the potential to have an impact on cricket worldwide, ie. how, and by whom, are umpires selected - a very serious issue of huge interest to anyone playing international cricket. I repeat, I can't see any reason as to why him expressing an opinion offends you other than the fact you disagree with his opinion.

You cite Wasim Akram - how many people here have jumped down his throat for giving his opinion, even though it "has nothing to do with him"? Or Stephen Fleming for giving his opinion?
I would say they are both in the same boat....Should know their place and know when its not their place to make dumb comments... to keep their Traps shut when it needs to be ...without butting in to stir the pot...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I would say they are both in the same boat....Should know their place and know when its not their place to make dumb comments... to keep their Traps shut when it needs to be ...without butting in to stir the pot...
Irony is not lost.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year

I didn't see Peter Moores, Geoff Lawson etc...come out with their contributions...its a Credit to the guys who know when to keep quiet...and not butt in...