• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I'd drop Yuvraj, and drop Dravid down to three as well. I'd be tempted to give Jaffer one more go - maybe he'll find some more form off the back of his score in the current tour match, and I think his slower style will be less of an issue with another partner. Not sure who of Karthik or Sehwag to play - maybe Sehwag after his century, he might get a bit of confidence going. Sehwag's potential upside - a quick start to the innings, and a bit of pressure on the Aussie bowlers so Dravid, Tendy and Ganguly don't have to come in against an attack with its tail right up, is pretty attractive. The downside is that he is carrying little form to suggest he'll succeed. But you also have to think he'll give the Aussies more pause for thought at the top of the order than Karthik.

With the bowlers, I'd be tempted to keep the same attack. Sharma looks to have something about him, and if he got a bit of luck (even just neutral luck, hey? ;) ) at the start of the day, he could be a handful. RP has bowled some good spells as well. None of the other alternatives are really screaming to be selected, although Pathan could be a very handy inclusion on a number of levels.

Jaffer
Sehwag
Dravid
Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dhoni
Kumble
Bhajji
Sharma
RP Singh

Malleeboy

U19 12th Man
That is what I mean...when I say Hypocrisy...Some are taken as facts depending on who said it and to whom...but others are not accepted as facts because of the person to whom it is made to is considered not as important or not from a country of clout like Australia...should be clear now...
Not clear at all. An Australian made a comment, he fussed up and took what was coming He didn't run around saying what he really said was something else. You wereusing that occurence as an example of an Australian getting away with blue murder. Infact the very reverse to your pint happened.

As for Australia and clout, che? Remind of the occasions in the last decade where Australia has appeared to have any clout. Got out voted on Hair, on the current crisis, forced to keep playing the ICC oneday world cup in near darkness.

I'm happy to admit that Australia's players have often lacked grace, often played to the very edge of the rules, provoked players beyond what is necessary, Australian crowds have been very rude to Murali (a gracious and sporting champion). I'm just frustated that some people post as if cricketers from other countries are without any blemishes. Kumble seems in his message to forget that Harbajhan started the incident by patting Lee unnessarily with his bat. Both sides bear some blame as to what happended. Both sides need to work to fix it.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Not clear at all. An Australian made a comment, he fussed up and took what was coming He didn't run around saying what he really said was something else. You wereusing that occurence as an example of an Australian getting away with blue murder. Infact the very reverse to your pint happened.

As for Australia and clout, che? Remind of the occasions in the last decade where Australia has appeared to have any clout. Got out voted on Hair, on the current crisis, forced to keep playing the ICC oneday world cup in near darkness.

I'm happy to admit that Australia's players have often lacked grace, often played to the very edge of the rules, provoked players beyond what is necessary, Australian crowds have been very rude to Murali (a gracious and sporting champion). I'm just frustated that some people post as if cricketers from other countries are without any blemishes. Kumble seems in his message to forget that Harbajhan started the incident by patting Lee unnessarily with his bat. Both sides bear some blame as to what happended. Both sides need to work to fix it.
Rude, yes. But racist?

jgree133

Cricket Spectator
This whole fiasco is becoming frustrating. As a proud auzzie i find it hard to believe that Ricky Pointing is lying, but i still reckon that they celebrated a tad over the top but still see how Harbajan reacted when he got pointing out in the second test. A great delivery but still he reacted in what can be called slightly arrogant. Also tell me that when you play sport that you dont try to get under the skin of an apposing player. You dont have to swear at them or racially abuse them but in every sport there will ALWAYS be sledging its just the competitive part of the human nature. An example when i field at slip or wicket keeper i give the batsman some thought to throw them out of wack (dont nick it, hes gonna beam you etc.). Still i hope the next two tests the 20/20 and the ODI series will be a much cleaner afair and the media will focus on the cricketers playing the game instead of on field issues

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year

I was actually referring to the McGrath episode of calling Sanath J . But let's not harp on this ...the fact is Australian Cricket Team has no right to talk about Hypocrisy any more...and they darn well better watch out ...because the focus will be on them and anything they say will be used...they might as well seal their mouth before the start of play every day..

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
And I though Mickey Arthur is another Idiot who didn't need to put his 2 cents worth to make this issue worse....Lloyd's comments understandable since he is supporting a fellow West Indian...But Mickey Arthur had no business to give his 2 cents worth ...about the umpiring. FFS he was not at the receiving end of 6 bad decisions was he....idiot

Bracken

U19 Debutant
If Symonds and Ponting believe that there is nothing short of banning Harbhajan that will fix whatever alleged abuse has happened, then there is NOTHING Kumble can do in this situation. Certainly he cant make Harbhajan apologize for something he says he has not done, and for which the stump mikes nor the umpires have any backup that he did.

Are you seriously suggesting that Kumble not back his players just because Symonds' ancestors were persecuted by someone else for sure , and so any allegation of the same bias in anyone is automatically equivalent to guilt? Or are you suggesting that Kumble should make no attempt to cool down tempers.

What I am saying is that this is exactly the sort of thing Kumble could've done, and did.
No. What I am saying is that Kumble had every right to make the suggestion, and that Ponting had every right to decline it.

I have no problem with Kumble trying to find a way out of the situation with an outcome that satisfied the position of his side, and that he would want to support his player. What I do take exception to is how Kumble has, in his column, implied that Ponting was acting contrary to the interests of the game for doing the same thing.

Craig

World Traveller
Is James Crosthwaite related to Adam Crosthwaite? They probably are but hey I'm not his biographer :p

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to see Karthik made a score in the nineties during the tour game, although I doubt it's likely he'd come into the Test side.

Craig

World Traveller
They are brothers.
How many brothers are there who both are wicket keepers? Would create some interesting tension if James got picked ahead of his brother, or at least I hope it does because I'm sucker for that sort of thing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How many brothers are there who both are wicket keepers? Would create some interesting tension if James got picked ahead of his brother, or at least I hope it does because I'm sucker for that sort of thing.
I think the member here "readie" and his brother are both keepers. Not really relevant to India in Australia, but I'm just sayin'. :p

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not too sure TBH, but I don't imagine there would be a great deal. From what I can tell Adam Crosthwaite is a much better option at this stage their respective careers though.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Adam Crosthwaite's a lot better than his brother. He'll certainly have a spot in the Australian side when Gilchrist and Haddin are unavailable for whatever reason.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
And I though Mickey Arthur is another Idiot who didn't need to put his 2 cents worth to make this issue worse....Lloyd's comments understandable since he is supporting a fellow West Indian...But Mickey Arthur had no business to give his 2 cents worth ...about the umpiring. FFS he was not at the receiving end of 6 bad decisions was he....idiot
So no-one who disagrees with you is allowed to voice an opinion? If he'd been supportive of the Indian team you'd be singing his praises.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Adam Crosthwaite's a lot better than his brother. He'll certainly have a spot in the Australian side when Gilchrist and Haddin are unavailable for whatever reason.
Considering he doesn't even play first class cricket for his state anymore, you might just be a tad off with that statement. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He should be playing imo. Who would you go for when Gilchrist and Haddin are out?
Well, I'd take Wade ahead of Crosthwaite, for one, and so would the Victorian selectors it seems. I actually don't rate Ronchi much but I'd take him ahead of Crosthwaite as well. I'd take Paine ahead of him too. Even Hartley, really.