• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This surely isn't right

cover drive man

International Captain
We were playing cricket in P.E (Physical education) And my team was fielding and the other team had a lad who I wouldn't really call hard (Or as others call popular) He's only small and doesn't have that many friends. But all of a sudden the teacher started seriously sledging and I told the teacher that he was being rat (Scouse word for a bully) and the teacher then says "It's called sledging" I mean I know what sledging is but surely picking on one particullar person who was giving it a go surely isn't right.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Teachers. Horrible people.

In seriousness though, taking the mickey is all part of the job and definitely helps me get through the day - but you don't do it if the recipient isn't capable of taking it and/or giving it back. If you're not comfortable with it then talk to your Tutor/Head of Year.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I had a gym teacher that used to pick on this really small and weak kid, especially when we did wrestling. Back then, I thought it was funny (as did the rest of the class), but now I'd have serious problems with it. I feel sorry for that kid to this day. It's one thing when kids harass each other, but you shouldn't have to cop that from an authority figure like a teacher, unless its done in an obvious and friendly manner, which it often isn't.

If you think it inappropriate, I would certainly report the teacher.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Without knowing what was said its hard to know how serious it is.

Banter is always a part of teaching sports, it lighthearted banter but I guess can possibly be taken the wrong way.

However, if it was intentionally malicious then I have real issues and reports should be made.

The 2 situations are miles apart and without context of what was said difficult to seperate.

However, Id rather a bit of competitiveness in school sports. We only played cricket once in school when I was growing up and the teacher (History) refused to allow anyone else to bowl and bowled underarm as anything else was too competitive :@

cover drive man

International Captain
Without knowing what was said its hard to know how serious it is.

Banter is always a part of teaching sports, it lighthearted banter but I guess can possibly be taken the wrong way.

However, if it was intentionally malicious then I have real issues and reports should be made.

The 2 situations are miles apart and without context of what was said difficult to seperate.

However, Id rather a bit of competitiveness in school sports. We only played cricket once in school when I was growing up and the teacher (History) refused to allow anyone else to bowl and bowled underarm as anything else was too competitive :@

Wasn't banter tbh was a too malicious.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First of all, love the British talk. But WTF is a 'scouse'?

Secondly, you can't really get opinions from people without repeating what he said.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Gun teacher.

BTW When I did Cricket in highschool I actually gave the grades out for everyone, teacher wasn't the biggest cricket fan.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
That would be the traditional meaning, but in modern times it is closely associated with...

:ph34r:
Since when has that been a modern thing? I can only ever remember scousers being theives and criminals tbh and so says my father who is a fair amount older than myself.

Brings to memory the old ryhme about Wayne Rooney:

He's fat, he's scouse,
he's gonna rob your house.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
And he's a ****ing cheat who's **** as well,
who plays for a crap side.

Well known second line to that one Nath.