• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Flem274*

123/5
With regards to Aussie arrogance etc etc I think you'll find to be the best that you have to have a bit of arrogance, massive self belief and play so hard that its borderline bullying. (Borderline, NOT OVER the line)

Looking at some of our best cricketers, Cairns junior, Parore, McMillan, Crowe, Hadlee etc you'll find that they all had those same traits that make the Aussies so damn good. I don't think they did the borderline bullying all that often if at all (except maybe Parore) but they definitely showed alot of self belief and at times, arrogance. They just have a mentality that enables them to be so special.

It crosses all sports and even into animals too. On our farm we have alot of equestrian horses. The best horse also happens to be the leader of the herd. She is a complete arrogant **** and definitely uses bullying tactics, but this mindset is what makes her so damn good at both the sport and as a leader. I think you'll find that the best cricketers, footballers, even olympic horses, display the same traits as the current Aussie cricket team and if the rst of the cricketing nations were as nasty as they were I think they'd be alot better.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With regards to Aussie arrogance etc etc I think you'll find to be the best that you have to have a bit of arrogance, massive self belief and play so hard that its borderline bullying. (Borderline, NOT OVER the line)

Looking at some of our best cricketers, Cairns junior, Parore, McMillan, Crowe, Hadlee etc you'll find that they all had those same traits that make the Aussies so damn good. I don't think they did the borderline bullying all that often if at all (except maybe Parore) but they definitely showed alot of self belief and at times, arrogance. They just have a mentality that enables them to be so special.

It crosses all sports and even into animals too. On our farm we have alot of equestrian horses. The best horse also happens to be the leader of the herd. She is a complete arrogant **** and definitely uses bullying tactics, but this mindset is what makes her so damn good at both the sport and as a leader. I think you'll find that the best cricketers, footballers, even olympic horses, display the same traits as the current Aussie cricket team and if the rst of the cricketing nations were as nasty as they were I think they'd be alot better.

You can be hard on the field without being arrogant, for me it's not even a fine line.

Flem274*

123/5
You can be hard on the field without being arrogant, for me it's not even a fine line.
Sure you can but you won't be as good. If you go out thinking "I'm the best and I'm going to prove it by smashing this lot" you'll do alot better than if you g out thinking "I'm going to go hard and try and win." The second statement lacks the harder, more self believing edge.

Craig

World Traveller
So, what are people's line-ups for the 3rd Test if it goes ahead?

For me:

Australia -

Hayden (I think he will be fit)
Jaques
*Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
+Gilchrist
Hogg
Lee
Tait
Clark

India -

Sehwag
Dravid
Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Yuvraj
+Dhoni
*Kumble
RP Singh
VRV Sing (or some other fast bowler)
Sharma

Expect to get banned now for going off topic :ph34r:

duffer

My god not VRV. Even I've got a better radar than he does. Pankaj surely can't be worse.

duffer

The Indian cricketers, especially the seniors, are said to be deeply dissatisfied with the manner in which Mike Procter handled the ICC hearing and with the official document on it that followed. Procter handed out a three-match ban to Harbhajan Singh, saying he was sure "beyond reasonable doubt" that a racist taunt had been directed at Andrew Symonds, but the Indians have claimed the document was extremely flimsy.

The bit that has especially offended them is a line in the document which says, "I believe that one group was telling the truth". The players felt Procter had alleged they were lying and they didn't think there was any fairness to the verdict. According to the players, the wording in the two-page document was ambiguous and left a scope for counter questions.

From here

Craig

World Traveller
My god not VRV. Even I've got a better radar than he does. Pankaj surely can't be worse.
Then Pankaj then. On other thoughts maybe Irfan Pathan could be in since he would offer something with the bat (well he did get a Test ton in his last Test).

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
To me Mike Proctor is just as culpable in taking decisions based on words of 1 over another....

And this is not the first time India has had issues with Proctor....(and I can say this as a Sri Lankan)

It seems just like Umpires certain Match Referees also make it a point to knobble certain Teams as far as possible and the ICC needs to take a bloody hard look at this whole fiasco if they want to prevent recurrences of these sort of things again...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Then Pankaj then. On other thoughts maybe Irfan Pathan could be in since he would offer something with the bat (well he did get a Test ton in his last Test).
Ideal player would be Sreesanth ...but that may take the Test series to another Boil over...:laugh:

Mister Wright

So, what are people's line-ups for the 3rd Test if it goes ahead?

For me:

Australia -

Hayden (I think he will be fit)
Jaques
*Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
+Gilchrist
Hogg
Lee
Tait
Clark

India -

Sehwag
Dravid
Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Yuvraj
+Dhoni
*Kumble
RP Singh
VRV Sing (or some other fast bowler)
Sharma

Expect to get banned now for going off topic :ph34r:

Hogg won't play in Perth suspension or not imo.

Mister Wright

Sure you can but you won't be as good. If you go out thinking "I'm the best and I'm going to prove it by smashing this lot" you'll do alot better than if you g out thinking "I'm going to go hard and try and win." The second statement lacks the harder, more self believing edge.
There's a difference between thinking arrogant and being arrogant.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
I reckon this will be the third test team for Aus:

Hayden
Jaques
Ponting (C)
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Gilchrist +
Lee
Tait
Clark
Johnson

Go for a four man pace attack on a quick WACA pitch.

In: Tait
Out: Hogg

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I just wonder if Cricket Australia and BCCI should consider calling off the series more as a genuine sensible move to ease the Tensions...because I think the Tensions and stakes are too high for it to be possible to play Genuine Cricket now....And one or two bad decisions may trigger more severe rise in Tensions and who knows what .....it is probably a sensible thing for both boards to call this series off to allow Fans and cricketers to cool off and play it after a delay or later in the year...I know there will be loss of Revenue but is that far greater than for 2 teams to end up playing a very ugly and extremely confrontational Cricket ....this is a game for god sake not a war...

I seriously think calling this series for a break is a good idea for all concerned.....and this is not just because of Harbhajan's ban but just the overall mix of this series so far...

duffer

I just wonder if Cricket Australia and BCCI should consider calling off the series more as a genuine sensible move to ease the Tensions...because I think the Tensions and stakes are too high for it to be possible to play Genuine Cricket now....And one or two bad decisions may trigger more severe rise in Tensions and who knows what .....it is probably a sensible thing for both boards to call this series off to allow Fans and cricketers to cool off and play it after a delay or later in the year...I know there will loss of Revenue but is that far greater than for 2 teams to end up playing a very ugly and extremely confrontational Cricket ....this is a game for god sake not a war...

I seriously think calling this series for a break is a good idea for all concerned.....and this is not just because of Harbhajan's ban but just the overall mix of this series so far...
In the real world Money > Everything. It'll go ahead but it won't be pretty.

biased indian

International Coach
Ideal player would be Sreesanth ...but that may take the Test series to another Boil over...:laugh:
and he is fit and ready to play..i think they should take him if harbhajan is banned we need atleast one to counter aganist the 11

Last edited: