• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
a) That scorecard is wrong, I got off the mark. :angry:
b) That scorecard is wrong, I was caught and bowled. :angry:
c) I can't believe he caught it, he dislocated his thumb in doing it. Why couldn't the ball pop out instead of his digit. :angry:
Don't worry, with 7-18-0 someone got his revenge.

shortpitched713

International Captain
All we need is to get rid of these ****** selectors who keep on picking mediocre tripe like Hameed, Iqbal and Sami.

Pakistan cricket was best in the 80's and 90's because the selectors were bold and they were not afraid to throw raw youngsters in the deep end and if they failed they were quickly replaced by some more raw young players.
Don't agree with bringing in raw youngsters as a selection policy.

Although there clearly have to be changes in that regard. BS's views on the impact of "sifarish" were dead on imo. Domestic performance is looked at as almost a secondary qualification, and until domestic performance becomes the main criteria for selection, Pakistan will not be able to field their best sides.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
I thought Pujara would be more prominent with the ball that what he currently is doing, or was that his opening partner, I think his name was G Dhiman - hows he going now days?

funnygirl

State Regular
They should drop the old garbages .And half of the team are passengers even the captain himself:ph34r:

It all started from the Oval 2006 ,an umpire (my least favourite word in the recent hours:unsure: ) initiated that ,rest is history.

tooextracool

International Coach
The selectors are a bunch of Jokers. Asim Kamal is probably better than every other batsmen in the Pakistan side who is not one of the two Ys and he cant find a place in the squad. Similarly there are plenty of decent FC players who cant seem to get a game because they continue to persist with the mediocrity of the Imran Nazirs and Mohammad Samis. Heck is there really any doubt for example that Saqlain Mushtaq Mushtaq Ahmad are far far superior options to Abdur Rehman in either format?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Asim Kamal:
Season M I NO R HS Ave C H-C
2005-06: 9 13 1 370 95 30.83 0 4
2006-07: 10 16 2 397 95 28.35 0 2
2007-08: 10 16 2 380 62 27.14 0 3

I've always been a huge fan of his batting, and there's absolutely no doubt Imran Nazir (or Faisal Iqbal, or anyone else along those lines) will never be half the batsman.

But, sadly, Kamal's case for selection the last 3 seasons has been very far from compelling. Had he been picked, I'd not have been confident in his chances of success.

shortpitched713

International Captain
In what game?

Ayub has a bit more pace, didn't do much in the air with it though.
U-19 World Cup final. Admittedly he didn't bowl as much and mopped up the tail, but he like Jamshed he was accurate, he was quicker than either, and he bowled a very nice quick bouncer for one of his wickets. Just imo though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Watch out for Sohail Khan, Osama Saimuddin has been really impressed by him and in his debut season he has picked up 65 wickets in 9 games.

As for Jamshed Ahmed and Anwar Ali I dont think they will amount to any thing special since the former is too injury prone and the latter is quite inconsistent.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Watch out for Sohail Khan, Osama Saimuddin has been really impressed by him and in his debut season he has picked up 65 wickets in 9 games.

As for Jamshed Ahmed and Anwar Ali I dont think they will amount to any thing special since the former is too injury prone and the latter is quite inconsistent.

Xuhaib

International Coach
What does Sohail Khan bowl?
The guy is 6' 3" extreamly well built who bowls in a 90 mph reigon (according to him). He is naturally an out swing bowler but recently has developed a lethal indipper which is getting him a lot of bowled's and LBW's.

Xuhaib

International Coach
********: People are curious about your run-up and action. How long is your run-up and which bowler is your action most similar to?
Sohail Khan: My run-up is about 30 paces long, I run in from the circle. For the first 15 paces I jog in but I really sprint hard over the last 15 paces before going into my action. If I had to compare my run-up to anyone then I’d have to say it’s a bit like Shoaib Akhtars run-up. My action is quite side on... actually no it’s more mixed, a little bit of side-on and a little bit of straight on. I dont know who to compare it to as I feel it’s quite a unique action that works for me.

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yaar stop it man!!! if u cant support them then dont bash em either!!!

PAKISTAN always have had great teams in the past....always had worlds best bowlers...even Pakistan has produced some real great kind of batsman,too ppl like Inzy, Miandad, Yusuf, Saeed Anwer, Zaheer Abbas etc etc....they're just going through a bad patch...just one bad year doesnt mean u suck!!! I guess our team doesnt suck...our emotional ppl suck!!!
yar we've got a total new Captain...new Coach...let them settle down!!! be Patient and believe in them...INSHALLAH good time will come soon

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
yaar stop it man!!! if u cant support them then dont bash em either!!!

PAKISTAN always have had great teams in the past....always had worlds best bowlers...even Pakistan has produced some real great kind of batsman,too ppl like Inzy, Miandad, Yusuf, Saeed Anwer, Zaheer Abbas etc etc....they're just going through a bad patch...just one bad year doesnt mean u suck!!! I guess our team doesnt suck...our emotional ppl suck!!!
yar we've got a total new Captain...new Coach...let them settle down!!! be Patient and believe in them...INSHALLAH good time will come soon
Er, ok.

For always having great teams and all the best bowlers and great batsmen, Pakistan has never been the best team in the world at any point (Test cricket).

The current setup has had a disappointing year or so, but they are always doomed to fail if the exploits of previous generations are exaggerated.

This Pakistan team will have its ups and downs but even at its highest it cant reasonably be expected to dominate world cricket as no other Pakistan team has done so.

Pakistan have had many good and very good teams. With how Test cricket is at the moment (with everyone from 2-8 being a similar standard) then they are still capable of being a good team.

Certainly, it doesnt help when people have too high expectations.

Last edited:

Glacier

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Er, ok.

For always having great teams and all the best bowlers and great batsmen, Pakistan has never been the best team in the world at any point (Test cricket).

The current setup has had a disappointing year or so, but they are always doomed to fail if the exploits of previous generations are exaggerated.

This Pakistan team will have its ups and downs but even at its highest it cant reasonably be expected to dominate world cricket as no other Pakistan team has done so.

Pakistan have had many good and very good teams. With how Test cricket is at the moment (with everyone from 2-8 being a similar standard) then they are still capable of being a good team.

Certainly, it doesnt help when people have too high expectations.
1988 when we almost beat the Windies in their backyard or 1996 when we beat England away and I think Atherton commented that we were the best team at that moment. Although obviously your point still stands that we didnt really dominate.

And its not all that outrageous to think that Pakistan have always had some of the worlds best bowlers. Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib could all have claimed to be the worlds best bowlers at some point in their careers.