• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Clapo has asked you to provide some proof of the claims you are making, which you haven't been able to do, so far as I can tell. That's hardly abuse.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
You mean Ferraris, the best European designers and oil from the arabic countries? Nope, that money doesn't go into the Indian economy.
I think you will find that they spend lots of money into there own country and would have more than just a ferraris , do you agree with the way the indians have handled this lose? do you think they should be able to make there own rules?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Aussie_26 - I think to be fair, the Indian team is upset by more than the fact that they lost. The umpiring was atrocious, and one of their team mates has been banned for what, if true, is a pretty despicable offence. I think threatening a boycott is an overreaction and a bit poor, but I think they have a right to be annoyed by some things that have gone on.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Actually i did not bring up the commonwealth games and the economic condition did i?
And please could you stop this clapo guys personal abuses.
As far as I've seen, no-one brought the Commonwealth Games into it; Duffer mentioned London in the post that you quoted, but that was more in reference to colonial rule than the actual Commonwealth Games as far as I could tell. And the talk about economic condition is a continuation from another thread, of which you didn't add to at all.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think you will find that they spend lots of money into there own country and would have more than just a ferraris , do you agree with the way the indians have handled this lose? do you think they should be able to make there own rules?
Hmmm, from what you've posted so far about your knowledge of India, it's a bit of a stretch to be telling Flem what Indians will be doing with their own money.

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Aussie_26 - I think to be fair, the Indian team is upset by more than the fact that they lost. The umpiring was atrocious, and one of their team mates has been banned for what, if true, is a pretty despicable offence. I think threatening a boycott is an overreaction and a bit poor, but I think they have a right to be annoyed by some things that have gone on.
I agree that the umpires cost india the game, but what can you do about it? its part of the game i can uderstand the indiasn being upset with that but i still ahve 2 problems

firstly the way india are quick to point the finger at australia for playing outside the spirate of the game, yet they have defended harbijan when he made a racist comment

secondly, india should except the icc decission , iff they start leaving tours when they dont like a decission whats stoping other sides doing this? its very dangerous what they are doing

aussie_26

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hmmm, from what you've posted so far about your knowledge of India, it's a bit of a stretch to be telling Flem what Indians will be doing with their own money.
its just basic economics, people do have to spend money and rich people normaly spend alot

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I agree that the umpires cost india the game, but what can you do about it? its part of the game i can uderstand the indiasn being upset with that but i still ahve 2 problems

firstly the way india are quick to point the finger at australia for playing outside the spirate of the game, yet they have defended harbijan when he made a racist comment

secondly, india should except the icc decission , iff they start leaving tours when they dont like a decission whats stoping other sides doing this? its very dangerous what they are doing
I agree with your second point, I don't think boycotts and ultimatums are a constructive way to solve the problem.

With the first point, a) two wrongs don't make a right, so them defending Harby doesn't necessarily mean that everything Australia did was right, and b) maybe Harby has denied it to them (truthfully or not) and they believe him, so they feel they have no choice but to defend him.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
its just basic economics, people do have to spend money and rich people normaly spend alot
The point is that it is somewhat an insuluar economy. The rich people buy off the rich people, and the rich people employ the rich people. That leaves a lot of people out of the loop, missing out on the money.

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
You've received numerous warnings, and poked your tongue out at them by putting one of them in your signature. If all you are here to do is make petty insults and try and stir trouble, I suggest you post somewhere else.
Does Prince EWS, who is a moderator consider my comments out of line?

If so will remove my signature, and will make sure my comments do not upset sensitive ears.

p.s. I am an Australian!

Last edited:

Tony

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Australia India Sydney test fallout

Should Gilchrist have appealed for the caught behind when Dravid was given out? He would have had a good view of that which the umpire didnt and would have clearly seen it only flicked the pad.

In this sensitive new age of cricket. Should the players have some sort of cross cultural training? In Aussie cricket we see sledging someone about their "manhood" as ok but draw the line at racism. Do the Indians see both as the same thing?

In the post match press conference when the Indian journalist asked Ricky Ponting about claiming the catch when it hit the ground and he rsaw it as a slur against his integrity........was this about the bat pad appeal when Ponting ran and dived and while holding the ball it touched the ground (which he didnt realise)?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does Prince EWS, who is a moderator consider my comments out of line?

If so will remove my signature, and will make sure my comments do not upset sensitive ears.

p.s. I am an Australian!
I haven't been on CW much in the last two or three days, so I can't say I've seen the posts you've been warned for. I will certainly check them up, but if the other moderators have warned you for them, it'd be a good bet to say I'll probably hold similar views.

I'd like to know, however, why you suddenly brought me up out of nowhere...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Should Gilchrist have appealed for the caught behind when Dravid was given out? He would have had a good view of that which the umpire didnt and would have clearly seen it only flicked the pad.

In this sensitive new age of cricket. Should the players have some sort of cross cultural training? In Aussie cricket we see sledging someone about their "manhood" as ok but draw the line at racism. Do the Indians see both as the same thing?

In the post match press conference when the Indian journalist asked Ricky Ponting about claiming the catch when it hit the ground and he rsaw it as a slur against his integrity........was this about the bat pad appeal when Ponting ran and dived and while holding the ball it touched the ground (which he didnt realise)?
Hi Tony, welcome to the forums.

This relates very much to the current series, so I'm going to merge this thread in with the Offical India in Aus thread that you'll find at the top of the index page. :)

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
I haven't been on CW much in the last two or three days, so I can't say I've seen the posts you've been warned for. I will certainly check them up, but if the other moderators have warned you for them, it'd be a good bet to say I'll probably hold similar views.

I'd like to know, however, why you suddenly brought me up out of nowhere...
Because you seem to be less partisan, than other moderators!

Please check my posts and send me a private message on my comments
Thanks Prince EWS

pup11

International Coach
any money that goes to people in india is good, the richer the indian board gets the more money that they will spend back into the india.
Wrong mate BCCI has got nothing to do with India TBH, its a private body that has got nothing to do with people of India or the government of India, so all the money that BCCI gets goes into the pockets of the people running the damn thing, they don't care whether infrastructure or level of the game is good in India or not, all they care about is how to make money and more money!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Because you seem to be less partisan, than other moderators!

Please check my posts and send me a private message on my comments
Thanks Prince EWS
Private messages aren't available on this forum I'm afraid.

I'm still very curious as to why you singled me out as I haven't been on the forums much in the past three days; I'm shocked you even know I exist, actually.

Send me an email to the address rob at cricsim dot com (separated like that in this post to avoid the spambots, obviously) if you'd like me to reply directly to you.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The BCCI Chief Administrative Officer Proffesor Shetty was just on Fox Sports News and he said that Mike Procter made the decision based on Australian players testimony with no concrete evidence cited.

He said India is confident the decision will be overturned because there was no evidence to convict a player of such a serious allegation in the first place.

pup11

International Coach
Private messages aren't available on this forum I'm afraid.

I'm still very curious as to why you singled me out as I haven't been on the forums much in the past three days; I'm shocked you even know I exist, actually.

Send me an email to the address rob at cricsim dot com (separated like that in this post to avoid the spambots, obviously) if you'd like me to reply directly to you.
Give yourself a pat on the back and don't be shocked when people talk highly about you, because you are such a top poster mate! :thumbsup: