• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It takes dignity to dust yourself off, say "Bad decisions happen sometimes, there's not much we can do about it", accept that the team who played better overall cricket won, get your team to lift their chins and come back twice as hard in Perth. Kumble hasn't done any of this.
sometimes is the key word there...

Indians were screwed out of this game by the umpires. The only other test similar to this, from what I can remember, is when Javed Akhtar screwed RSA of a test against England in England.....

It is easy to talk about dignity when you have a real sore loser leading your own side...

sideshowtim

Banned
bowled out? Wat abt the 2 howlers and the one doubtful one? And why shouldn't he be angry when it is blatantly obvious that the umpires have screwed ONE team in this match?
Aussies got some dubious ones too mate. We always get them, BTW. We're a good enough team to not let it affect us though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How is it Australias (or Pontings for that matter) fault that the umpires were shocking HB? Sick of the 13 v 11 comments, as they are quite simply unfair on the Australian players.
no, it is not their fault... But claiming bump ball catches is....

And whether u like it or not, it was 13 Vs 11 most of the time in this test and the 11 were INdians... Even I don't like it but it has happened....

And I mentioned the 13 Vs 11 because SST talked about shaking the umps hand..

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
nope, I am saying that Tendulkar and Kumble won't have lied either...

Are you saying that Tendulkar and Kumble, both of whom have a better track record in terms of behaviour than Ponting, are LYING?????
Tbf, Tendulkar didn't deny the comment, he just said that he thought that what he heard was 'harmless'.

I think its unfair to blame the Australian team for the umpires being so poor.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
I think that it is a bit rich expecting Kumble to be happy and gracious an hour after the end of such a debilitating and emotional match. The guy was obviously doing his level best to keep a lid on things, but he was clearly seething. I don't disagree that he probably phrased things in a way that he wouldn't in a better mood, but I think he did a pretty good job, all things considered.

Ponting's situation was similar. The first question was nothing untoward, but the follow up questions were certainly a bit beyond journalism, and went headlong into editorialising about the journalist's views on Ponting's integrity. Ponting certainly had cause to be annoyed.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can anyone add to this?

What about you Son of CoCO?
It's Son Of Coco...too many capitals give me a headache. Feel like I'm duelling with the drunk guy at the end of the bar who's going to pick a fight regardless.

Do you want a bibliography devoted to denying the quote?

Cairns denied it in his book

Waugh denied it in his book.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dravid was the only one who you can conclusively say wasn't out.

The other 9 batsmen? What's their excuse? They were bowled out within 70 overs...Not good enough for one of the best batting line ups in the world I'm afraid.
Pfft, if Roy got benefit of the doubt for his stumping, Ganguly's catch should have been refered and the same should apply to him.

I'm shocked at how you seem to stick by this whole 'India have only themselves to blame for losing' stance. Not the case at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Tbf, Tendulkar didn't deny the comment, he just said that he thought that what he heard was 'harmless'.

I think its unfair to blame the Australian team for the umpires being so poor.
I m not blaming Aussies for the poor umpiring but it is quite unfair to make it seem as though Aussies didn't benefit as much as they did because of the poor umpiring, IMO....

sideshowtim

Banned
sometimes is the key word there...

Indians were screwed out of this game by the umpires. The only other test similar to this, from what I can remember, is when Javed Akhtar screwed RSA of a test against England in England.....

It is easy to talk about dignity when you have a real sore loser leading your own side...
Mate, you'll get some shockers in your favour soon enough. Either that, or you've already had them in the past (which if you ask teams of the 60s-80s if they get them in India I know what the answer would be)...No team gets more luck from the umpires than the others.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I suppose the bits about the umpires being cheats, the Australian team being cheats and the five Australians who made the claims having a record of "playing with no integrity".
umpires = cheats? did I say that? Care to quote? 8-)

And again I never said Aussies = cheats? care to quote?

And thirdly, I would rather believe Tendulkar and Kumble than Ponting and Gilchrist... That is just the way it is, based on their track record and everything.....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mate, you'll get some shockers in your favour soon enough. Either that, or you've already had them in the past (which if you ask teams of the 60s-80s if they get them in India I know what the answer would be)...No team gets more luck from the umpires than the others.
Aussies did, in this game more than any other side I can remember any time in recent memory.... And it WAS the reason they won... There were other reasons, sure, but this was the MAIN reason....

sideshowtim

Banned
Pfft, if Roy got benefit of the doubt for his stumping, Ganguly's catch should have been refered and the same should apply to him.

I'm shocked at how you seem to stick by this whole 'India have only themselves to blame for losing' stance. Not the case at all.
They do though. If they'd batted well enough they would've held on for 70 overs. They didn't. They weren't good enough not to lose 10 wickets in 70 overs.

sideshowtim

Banned

And thirdly, I would rather believe Tendulkar and Kumble than Ponting and Gilchrist... That is just the way it is, based on their track record and everything.....
The same Kumble who appeals for everything that hits the pads?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
umpires = cheats? did I say that? Care to quote? 8-).
"And yes, you DON'T shake hands of people who are supposed to be neutral and who haven't been..."

"And yes, Australia didn't play to the spirit of the game, claiming so many bump ball catches and all, for starters....."

And thirdly, I would rather believe Tendulkar and Kumble than Ponting and Gilchrist... That is just the way it is, based on their track record and everything....
You're welcome to believe whoever you like, but I strongly disagree with your suggestion that someone like Gilchrist has "a record of playing with no integrity". At the absolute worst he's about the same as every other player in the world, and in reality I'd say, whether you think he's hypocritical or sanctimonious or not, he's still a cut above most. I don't think that someone who walked at a crucial stage in a World Cup semi-final can be said to have "a record of playing with no integrity". Obviously that, unlike the cheating accusations, is just a matter of opinion though.

Stu274

Cricket Spectator
Your a tosser....