• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, agree with Nath here. Most replays were equivocal, but there was one replay with the super-slo mo camera that clearly showed the little finger being hit.
There wasn't a single replay IMO even slow-mo that 100% showed it hit his glove. There was doubt in every replay they showed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In all honesty, people claiming that the Symonds decision has cost India the whole series are being a bit dramatic. The simple fact is that if you get a poor decision or drop a catch or take a wicket off a no ball or anything like that, you move on, put it behind you and create another chance. Symonds was definitely out caught behind, yes. Nevertheless, Hogg made 70+, cought have been caught early on his innings, but was otherwise relatively chanceless, and he's not exactly Ponting or Tendulkar. India have nobody to blame but themselves and their lacklustre performance with the ball and in the field once the Hogg/Symonds partnership was going for those runs. Similarly, Symonds was on what, 30 when he was given not out? He made another 100 runs. How many runs did India give up to abysmal fielding during that partnership, and how many chances might have been created with more attacking field placings when Australia were still 6/200 odd.

India let their heads drop and bowled and fielded poorly following the Symonds decision. Yes, it was an awful decision and never should have happened, but Australia still shouldn't be looking at a 400+ first innings total. A team capable of beating Australia on home soil wouldn't give it away so easily, simple as that. India were brilliant for the first half of the day and dismal in the second half. I guarantee you that when Australia get the next shocking decision (and yes, like every other team they do get them, and anyone who has watched the series so far could name a few with ease), they won't react in the same way.
not quite the same after seeing it happen the whole damn match, mate...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh shut the god damn hell up.

Australia get as many bad decisions and have as much 'bad luck' as everyone else. The difference? Regardless of poor decisions against us, we keep our heads high, put it behind us and keep trying to get the batsman out, and more often than not, it works. There has been so, so many times during our 15 match streak that a poor umpiring decision has cost us a wicket, yet our attack is good enough to keep persisting and getting the wickets eventually. Ganguly was out God knows how many times to Hogg in the first Test....Did we let it affect us? No, we kept the pressure on with some tight bowling and aggressive captaincy. Same with the Yuvraj 'wicket'. Didn't let that affect us. Nor Dravid's numerous chances during his innings of 5. India have no one to blame but themselves. Hogg and Symonds aren't invincible batsmen by any means. Constant good bolwing and good field placings would've got them.

Magnificent come back by Australia. Showing why we've won the last 15.
really? why am I not surprised???????? 8-)

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
No doubt the usual suspects will come out and brand him a whinger and an idiot - but I think its a fair call that it was his duty to report the comment and to back his team mate.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
No question? No offence, Nnanden, but you cannot use the unequivocal phrase "no question" going on that footage. There's no deviation as the ball goes up from the pad and balloons out. And if an umpire needed incredible sight to see it, it's just a shame there wasn't one of those in this game... :ph34r:
From the single, side-on, slow-motion replay, I saw it clearly brush and hence move the little finger of Dhoni's glove. Every other angle made it look not-out. Unless you had seen this particular angle, there's no doubt would anyone give it a clear not-out. But fair enough on the no question, I'll try and refrain from using such definites. :)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
agree.
The aussies do not want to accept some other countries interpretation of what is valid or not but want everone to follow theirs.
Sailing very close to the wind in terms of making generalisations about Australians in general rather than talking about cricket. Any closer and I'll be reporting posts.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
From the single, side-on, slow-motion replay, I saw it clearly brush and hence move the little finger of Dhoni's glove. Every other angle made it look not-out. Unless you had seen this particular angle, no doubt would anyone give it a clear not-out. But fair enough on the no question, I'll try and refrain from using such definites. :)
Saw that too, it was only clear in one replay.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
There wasn't a single replay IMO even slow-mo that 100% showed it hit his glove. There was doubt in every replay they showed.
I thought one specific replay was clear, but agree with Nath that there was no way the ump couyld give it out.