• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I really hope India call off this tour immediatly. I wanted AUS to win 4-0, but the way they played the 2nd test is really disappointing with all the excessive appealing( any other team would have got a fine for this) and claiming dropped catches in desperation to win the match and forgetting cricket is a gentleman's game. Not to mention Symonds tapping Bucknor :laugh: and now ban on Harbhajan. I hope unless Hogg gets the same ban, India call off this tour. And also try and get the ICC to take away this test win from Aus because clearly this is cheating at its best.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
I hope something is done about umpires as AUS is to play Pakistan next and I would hate to see the samething repeat there( assuming the tour goes ahead) and if it doesn't, I hope all Asian teams get together and form their own Asian bloc.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia are the better team, I dont doubt that. But this test has been a farce because of the bad umpiring that has ensued. A test like this was always going to happen at some point because people continually dismiss technology for reasons such as ' they even out over the course of the series'. Bottomline is that that is all fairytale bull****. There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that if the decision had been given against Symonds early on in his innings that Australia would not have lost this match. I have nothing against Umpires Benson and Bucknor, they are human and they had a bad test just like Ponting. I do have a problem with people not using technology despite the fact that it is readily available.
I agree with you that the Symonds decision may have swung the course of the game.

I also have been an advocate of the appeals system of referals to the third umpire (eg 3 appeals per match which a team can make, successful appeals don't count).

However, according to the current rules of the game this cannot happen. So the players need to accept it and move on. You cannot live in the past and say "but if" about every single bad decision. The point I made was that India, while POTENTIALLY losing the ability to win the match, were given AMPLE OPPORTUNITY for a draw, which is not an unacceptable conclusion to a match. They were simply not good enough to do that (as evidenced by the second innings scores).

Again, I refer to the ashes series in 05, which was far worse for umpiring than even this test, with decisions against key, set batsmen having a drastic effect on the course of a SERIES. It is a part of the game and when people realise this, they will realise that a tight, exciting finish was something that doesn't happen all that often in test matches, and was something very special to watch.

shortpitched713

International Captain
I think Indian board will certainly withdraw if hogg is not treated similarly and if there is no neutral proof against harbhajan and rightly so.
the pressure from the general public and the media will be too much to continue.
If pressure from Indian fans was enough justification to call off tours, thenevery single one that India has lost would have been as well.

stephen

I hope something is done about umpires as AUS is to play Pakistan next and I would hate to see the samething repeat there( assuming the tour goes ahead) and if it doesn't, I hope all Asian teams get together and form their own Asian bloc.
Hahahaha a Pakistani talking about fair umpiring. :laugh:

For the record, until neutral umpires were brought in, Pakistan was notoriously the worst place ever to tour due to all of the LBW decisions.

Also, I very much doubt Aus will tour Pakistan with the current political unrest.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To be honest, these sort of comments are completely inappropriate and utter tripe. Accusing the umpires of cheating or being in collusion with Australia, as well as being a ridiculous idea, can also get this forum in trouble with defamation type court cases, there is history in Australia of that already.

Anyone who wishes to accuse the umpires of cheating, can expect to find it very hard to post for the next few days.

tooextracool

International Coach
Slow Love™;1440713 said:
I can't believe two posters here have claimed they'd happily lodge a false complaint of being racially abused if it would be advantageous to themselves or their team.
If Ponting and Symonds came up to you and asked you to testify against someone that you genuinely disliked, would you do it?
Whilst i know it is necessary to maintain a goody good reputation on this forum, I am certain many people on this forum would do it. In this case, Harbhajan's past comments, his alleged racist taunt from the ODI series in India, might have added to it. Most people in this world dont have problems screwing people they believe are assholes.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
Pretty simple - if you disagree with something, stand up against it.

In most societies, silence is perceived as being tacit approval
I am not sure if I am missing something here, but what does that have to do with:

Let me ask you a question: in the test match in Perth, if a similar situation arises between say Ponting and Yuvraj, an altercation results on the field, do you honestly think Kumble, Ganguly, Harbhajan(if he plays), Yuvraj and Dhoni for example will have any hesitation in testifying that Ponting called Yuvraj a derogatory/racist term? I have no doubt that they wont.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Hahahaha a Pakistani talking about fair umpiring. :laugh:

For the record, until neutral umpires were brought in, Pakistan was notoriously the worst place ever to tour due to all of the LBW decisions.

Also, I very much doubt Aus will tour Pakistan with the current political unrest.
I can't speak about umpring in PAK, but since I've been watching cricket, Aussies seem to be the team that always get decisions in their favour. It happened when Pak last toured Aus, then with SL, and now with India., that's why I hope something is done about these racist( neutral? :laugh: ) umpires.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
tooextracool said:
If Ponting and Symonds came up to you and asked you to testify against someone that you genuinely disliked, would you do it?
No way, there's too much to lose if you get caught out making stuff up.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
To be honest, these sort of comments are completely inappropriate and utter tripe. Accusing the umpires of cheating or being in collusion with Australia, as well as being a ridiculous idea, can also get this forum in trouble with defamation type court cases, there is history in Australia of that already.

Anyone who wishes to accuse the umpires of cheating, can expect to find it very hard to post for the next few days.
Okay, I didn't read this before posting my last post

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I can't speak about umpring in PAK, but since I've been watching cricket, Aussies seem to be the team that always get decisions in their favour. It happened when Pak last toured Aus, then with SL, and now with India., that's why I hope something is done about these racist( neutral? :laugh: ) umpires.
I repeat, if you continue to make accusations about the neutrality of umpires, expect a ban.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Don't accuse people of racism like that, unless you have proof beyond simple mistake. It does the forum atmosphere no good. That's a warning.

social

I am not sure if I am missing something here, but what does that have to do with:

Let me ask you a question: in the test match in Perth, if a similar situation arises between say Ponting and Yuvraj, an altercation results on the field, do you honestly think Kumble, Ganguly, Harbhajan(if he plays), Yuvraj and Dhoni for example will have any hesitation in testifying that Ponting called Yuvraj a derogatory/racist term? I have no doubt that they wont.
Kumble has no problem telling the world media that umpires were to blame for result and accusing Australia of playing in a manner contrary to the spirit of the game.

What makes you think that he would be backward in coming forward as regards to a justifiable complaint og racism?

He's a lesser man than I think he is if that is the case