• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Josh

International Regular
Hogg shouldn't be dropped for his home test. Totally illogical if anyone's suggesting that. ESPECIALLY seen he got a great 79 with the bat.

Still bowled well in the 2nd dig, I reckon

Laurrz

International Debutant
every1 will rightfully remember Clarke but Fraz i recn getting Tendu and Lax let us have an oppotunity..what a freaking gun... those two average a billion at the SCG

woooot

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
every1 will rightfully remember Clarke but Fraz i recn getting Tendu and Lax let us have an oppotunity..what a freaking gun... those two average a billion at the SCG

woooot
Certainly - for him to dismiss those two was to give Australia a chance they didn't have. He is a brilliant bowler.

Polarskim

Cricket Spectator
What a shame. As if it wasn't hard enough to compete against Australia in Australia. So now the series is over, and India, despite showing plenty of resolve and tenacity, have to suck up a defeat that they ultimately didn't deserve. Mr Bucknor, thanks for everything, now step aside, and leave the job to someone with their eyesight and hearing in check.

shankar

International Debutant
Also, Australia would have at the least drawn this match. What did India lose? A draw. They would not have won this test, IMO. Still great play, but I had predicted before the series that Australia would take this 4-0. I think that'll still happen.
Getting bowled out for even 300 on this track in the first innings would have been a big setback. There's no way you can be sure that Australia would have atleast drawn. A loss would have been a very probable.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
What? When did I say or imply he did it on purpose? And yes, making the type of mistakes that he made is unacceptable at the Test level.
Then criticise him for his mistakes just like you would any sportsman. It is human error that resulted in those mistakes - not a desire for the umpires to make the mistakes to annoy the touring side.

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
The blind fu**ers in white coats have again made India to suffer...........and the Aussies should be fined for appealing unnecessarily......:@

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't see how a lead of 250-odd runs lost is nothing but a draw lost.
How do you know Australia would not have scored more if they had continued to bat properly? In fact, they would have had a different declaration point. The lower order would have tried harder and Hussey was still in.

The above is like saying: even with 250 ahead we would have won because you guys only scored 210 anyway. Those changes would have changed the game-plan around.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think its poor form by Kumble, to be honest. Benson is only human and he made some mistakes he can't rectify without the ability to call for the third umpire. I can understand being pissed off about the decision, but it isn't as if either of them set out just to stick it up their arses.
All the talk of Kumble not shaking hands with Benson - does this mean that he DID shake hands with Bucknor? :confused:

FWIW, I agree, it is poor form, and it almost certainly alleges/implies that the umpire deliberately made incorrect decisions in order to favor the other team. Although I can understand that he's furious, it's a poor standard for the captain of an international cricket side.

Haven't got an issue with him criticising the standard of the umpiring in the press after a game like this, though.