• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Agent TBY

International Captain
Man of the match has to be Andrew Symonds. Bowled beautifully, but most of all his absolute chanceless innings when Australia were in trouble.

Sad that India are not good enough to cut it against this great Australia team. 4-0 now for my liking.
I sure as hell hope you're being sarcastic there.

Actually I know you're being sarcastic, but your post is just annoying either way I look at it.

JBH001

International Regular
Dont have much to say at the moment. Went downstairs to watch the last 6 overs and still a little stunned. A very good test though, with some great cricket played by both teams.

Once again. Well done India, well played. And congratulations to Australia. Well played.

And, I am out to play BF2. Later all. Thanks for an interesting 2nd test match thread discussion.

archie mac

International Coach
It is only fair sportsmanship to congratulate Australia. So my congrats to Australian and the Australian fans out here. Really feels sad though. India and Indian fans will be terribly sad and I am no different.
Well done mate, you showed a lot of class in your posting throughout the Test:cool:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for the welcomes, guys. Just when I think I'm out, they drag me back in. (Actually, it's been more a question of lack of time and a tad less interest in recent cricket.)

Great stuff from the Aussies at the end, but I agree with SS, this result really exacerbates the consequences of the poor umpiring in this match.
welcome back man, missed you...:) , although i don't feel much like smiling right now...:( , anyway good comeback from the aussies after conceding the first innings lead, congrats to them for equalling their own world record of 16 consecutive wins...

Flem274*

123/5
That was one of the best tests I have ever seen. I feel really sorry for India though as they did not deserve to be beaten after all the shocking umpiring descisions. Credit for Australia though, they took their opportunities and that is one of the major factors that seperates them from the rest of the world. I just wish it was Lee instead of Clarke that took those wickets, I just like Lee better and he's a fast bowler so its cooler:happy:

I was rooting for Inida personally, gotta back the underdog. Poor Anil Kumble, he fought so hard for so long and this happened. Hope he takes a truckload of wickets at the WACA.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I do feel for Kumble though. Played a fantastic innings under intense pressure.
Definitely. I can only imagine how he's feeling at the moment, 8 wickets in the game and an almost match-saving innings. Faced more balls than any of the other Indian batsmen in the second innings.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man of the match has to be Andrew Symonds. Bowled beautifully, but most of all his absolute chanceless innings when Australia were in trouble.

Sad that India are not good enough to cut it against this great Australia team. 4-0 now for my liking.
If that isn't trolling I don't know what is. 1/10

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
It is only fair sportsmanship to congratulate Australia. So my congrats to Australia and the Australian fans out here. India and Indian fans will be terribly sad and I am no different.
Man I'm heartbroken! The last time I was this sad was when India crashed out of the WC. A draw would've given us a real chance in this series. But now, it's kinda pretty much over.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater

Unnecessary IMO. Calling for trouble.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Spare a thought for Jaffer and Yuvraj, who faced 7 balls between them.

They must be having the guilt pangs of their lives.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Man I'm heartbroken! The last time I was this sad was when India crashed out of the WC.
Yea, I don't think I've ever been this frustrated, not even in SA earlier this year when India lost it. But back then I was mad at India for being defensive. This time, I am mad at...I'm not sure really...cricket itself I suppose.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mos def want to thank the Indian posters in this thread who were so humble and gracious. Showed a lot more class than the Australians in the 2005 Ashes, myself included.

Cricket is a funny game. :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The point is that neither matter at all. A batsman can stand there as long as he wants until the umpire tells him to go, doesn't matter if you're bowled or it bounced 4 times before you were caught in the slips. I imagine Clarke was just standing there in shock or whatever, but it really doesn't matter, and the fact that so many people were frothing at the mouth over it just shows how ridiculous this thread has gotten.
Oh deary me. Your points are usually made eloquently, so no one bothers trying to take them apart, but this is ridiculous.

I wasn't anywhere near a computer, let alone CW, when I saw Clarke stand there like an Easter Island statue, and the last thing I thought about was posting on Cricket Web.

You're clutching beyond belief if you "Imagine Clarke was just standing there in shock or whatever". He was looking directly at the umpire, waiting for him to make a decision that the umpire shouldn't have needed to make. His attitude is atrocious.

Yes a batsman can stand there for as long as he likes, but that doesn't mean he should. Particularly for such a clear-cut decision as a full-blooded edge to first ****ing slip.
That's not frothing at the mouth from me, from several others on this thread, including several posters who have no bias one way or the other.

Regardless, congratulations to Australia for equalling the record.

Evermind

International Debutant
I had expected India to lose 3-0 and 4-0, and now they will I think - but I didn't expect them to play as well as they did. I'm pretty happy with India, TBH.
No offence, but this is exactly the attitude that is going to ensure that India never become a force in world cricket. :mellow:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Spare a thought for Jaffer and Yuvraj, who faced 7 balls between them.

They must be having the guilt pangs of their lives.
Puts the selectors in a difficult position, really. Neither of them look up to it, to be honest - but there isn't really anyone banging down the door for selection.

You'd have to think at least one would make way for Sehwag or Karthik - tend to think Jaffer is in more trouble.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, if blame is to be placed for this loss from an Indian perspective, and I'm not sure it should be as they played some excellent cricket, it has to go to Yuvraj and Jaffer who had horrible matches. So did Clarke until the very end, mind you.

What's his record against India with the ball now? Jesus. He has a 5-for in ODIs against them too IIRC.