• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Erm, the difference between Clarke standing his ground and Ganguly standing his was that Clarke was cleanly caught. What was Clarke standing for. Was ridiculous.
The point is that neither matter at all. A batsman can stand there as long as he wants until the umpire tells him to go, doesn't matter if you're bowled or it bounced 4 times before you were caught in the slips. I imagine Clarke was just standing there in shock or whatever, but it really doesn't matter, and the fact that so many people were frothing at the mouth over it just shows how ridiculous this thread has gotten.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Clarke caught that ball – I’ve no doubt. And considering the television replays were inconclusive (although I personally think they confirmed the catch) I think it’s rather disappointing that people are suggesting Clarke’s a cheat based on that evidence alone. Of course I must be saying all that because I’m Australian 8-) . Are we even certain Benson was asking Ponting if it was out – maybe Ponting was asking him and Benson was saying yes, I’m giving it out. Of course I don’t know. Regardless, (some) people just take the whole thing way too seriously. Some stuff in here makes me realise how situations like that in Kenya can arise. I hope the Indians hold out.

archie mac

International Coach
You being facetious, mate?

I honestly dont get that....
Not sure how else to explain it:unsure:

15 overs left, so they now start the last hour of the match.

But if it takes longer than an hour (and the light is okay) they will keep playing until the overs have been bowled

But if they bowl 15 overs in say 45 mins, they will keep bowling for another 15 mins

Got it?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Second time Jaques has taken one on the body, he'll be feeling the scars of this Test more than most.

EDIT: Right in the box. Ouch.

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
If bucknor is one, i will put $10 down saying there will be a big uproar and he will be stood down.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The point is that neither matter at all. A batsman can stand there as long as he wants until the umpire tells him to go, doesn't matter if you're bowled or it bounced 4 times before you were caught in the slips. I imagine Clarke was just standing there in shock or whatever, but it really doesn't matter, and the fact that so many people were frothing at the mouth over it just shows how ridiculous this thread has gotten.
AWTA. He didn't stand there after being given ala Yuvraj; he waited for the umpire to make his decision. Sure, it was extremely optomistic if he thought the umpire might not give him, but there's nothing wrong with waiting for the umpire's decision regardless of how obvious it is. Ganguly did the same thing - I have no issue with it.

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
AWTA. He didn't stand there after being given ala Yuvraj; he waited for the umpire to make his decision. Sure, it was extremely optomistic if he thought the umpire might not give him, but there's nothing wrong with waiting for the umpire's decision regardless of how obvious it is. Ganguly did the same thing - I have no issue with it.
finally a non fanboy and logical view on the situation.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke caught that ball – I’ve no doubt. And considering the television replays were inconclusive (although I personally think they confirmed the catch) I think it’s rather disappointing that people are suggesting Clarke’s a cheat based on that evidence alone. Of course I must be saying all that because I’m Australian 8-) . Are we even certain Benson was asking Ponting if it was out – maybe Ponting was asking him and Benson was saying yes, I’m giving it out. Of course I don’t know. Regardless, (some) people just take the whole thing way too seriously. Some stuff in here makes me realise how situations like that in Kenya can arise. I hope the Indians hold out.
Yeah, my initial feeling was that Clarke claimed the catch, and Benson was asking Ponting if they were claiming it and Ponting said they were, but your explaination is probably more likely, given the way the exchange took place. Benson was walking forward and nodding, Ponting gestured with his finger raised and then Benson nodded again and raised his finger.