• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

pup11

International Coach
HAHHAHAHAHA u moron Dazza Leahman, Glenn Mgrath come to your dumb head sunshine? these blokes are the same mate, excpet these days people give it back to them
When did McGrath said anything racist to anyone, anyways even in Lehmann's case it wasn't as if he had made a racial slur on the field while in conversation with an opposition player (mind you not even for a second am i defending what he did), he was overheard making a racial slur while entering his dressing-room and he was later punished for that too.
But in Harbhajan-Symonds case things are different as Harbhajan (if at all he has) seems to have made a racial taunt while they were in conversation with each other.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
HAHHAHAHAHA u moron Dazza Leahman, Glenn Mgrath come to your dumb head sunshine? these blokes are the same mate, excpet these days people give it back to them
Did I not say the Australian team, are they in the Australian team?

Maybe my comment was a little exagerated, and I was not inferring that Harbajan should be kicked off the team, its just these days it is not acceptable for international players to sledge anyone on a racially inclined way.

jeevan

International 12th Man
so aussies should take racism?
No one is suggesting that. However some of the responses on this forum
and in the Australian press have been well over the top.

E.g. this post ridiculing a diety from the Hindu pantheon:
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1438083&postcount=38

Also, I dont understand why Australians seem to be most against a zero
tolerance policy on sledging - racism is but one of the many ways of abusing
people, and sensitivies vary quite clearly.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Pitiful decision by Bucknor. There's just no end to this farce, is there? 4 lives to Symonds, 1 to Ponting, 2 to Hussey, more than 300 underserved Aussie runs...and now India's best blocker gets screwed. Unbelievable.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
worst decision ever the bat was clearly miles away. Wha t a joke this moron will cost india the match. He clearly needs to be sacked.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
What a shocker.

Really. I did not think we would see a worst mistake (and I said mistake remember) from an umpire than Bucknor's inability to hear the loud snick when Symonds was caught behind in the first innings but I am amazed that he couldn't see that the bat was NOWHERE in the vicinity of the ball as he gave Dravid out caught behind there.

Ridiculous.

He must announce his retirement Bucknor. Why would he want to be ridiculed like this at the end of his career.

Go man go.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dammit. Steve shouldn't see another test match, and shouldnt be a any closer than a million miles from any India game.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

All you people who said Symonds had no place, bagged his offies etc, leave the premises immediately! 156*, wickets, fielding, all while he's injured.

Still not posting ftr.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Wow. This is almost surreal. I defend the umpires as much as anyone, but I don't think I have seen so many howlers in one match before.

Why do I get the feeling that Bucknor may well be a topic on the agenda of the next ICC meeting?

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
bad call that first one, but then again from where he was standing, hearing and seeing for that split second + the call from the players, none of us have the right to judge on his call with all the replays and the like.

anyway symonds next out was a cracker, and deff out.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Cannot believe that Bucknor is this incompetent. I was wondering
how the heck this was LBW, it wasnt it was given caught behind).

ICC better spend some time on Sunday scrutinizing this character too.