• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is Symonds at first slip anyway? I know Hayden's off the field, but why not move Ponting or Clarke to first or something and put Symonds in the gully?
Yeah, ridiculous move. My brother noted it when Jaffer was dismissed, and I couldn't understand why Ponting wouldn't have himself at 1st slip.

Evermind

International Debutant
Jaffer has made 22 in four innings. He has to go, as does Yuvraj.

I'd say bring Sehwag and Pathan in.

Perm

I can speak from experience (and current status) that running around the field with a twinged ankle is ****ed. I'd say that's why he's in the slips, though I'd have him at 3rd.
I'd have him off the field, resting his ankle, and using a sub-fielder.

Perm

I can speak from experience (and current status) that running around the field with a twinged ankle is ****ed. I'd say that's why he's in the slips, though I'd have him at 3rd.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah well that's another option, but I guess they figure he's better than whoever they've got to replace him regardless of the status of his ankle. I know he not a regular slips fieldsman but I'd certainly have backed him to take that, and I'm sure Ponting would have too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, fair point, but the idea of hiding someone in the slips is somewhat ridiculous IMO, especially given the match situation. If he can't run and the ball goes for the four, who cares? If it's that bad, he shouldn't be on the field at all.

And, as you noted, the fact that he's at first is clearly wrong. If he has to field in a catching position, he should be at gully IMO.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yup, they sure are :).

Plus I don't like all the anti-India feeling we get on here, which means I support them a bit more than I usually would.
Haha yeah, the anti-India thing is everywhere. When you are the most popular team in the world, as in most number of fans, you're bound to find an equal number of people who will dislike the team as well.

pup11

International Coach
That dropped chance is really gonna cost us big time, Dravid just loves to block so this situation is just tailor- made for him to stonewall everything, without thinking about the runs and getting rid of him would have done our chances a lot of good in this game.

Last edited:

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Damn I thought that was the ball of the century for a second, bit he was unlucky to inside edge it onto his stumps.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I honestly still think India can win this and should go for the win. If they don't lose too many wickets, and get a good solid partnership or two here with Dravid, Tendu, and Ganguly... they can really press for the win near the end with Dhoni and Yuvraj to come. But yeah it all depends on how the Big 3 bat.

EDIT: Ahh ****! NVM.