• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Required Run Rate - 4.88

Could be interesting, get the feeling Hogg will go for 4 an over at a minimum, India really need to attack him.

pup11

International Coach
Indian win was hardly in the context, but yeah there was a slight possibility of an Australian win but that too now looks improbable, thanks to a dire spell from Johnson!

Perm

Indian ain't goin' for the win.
Just saying, if they don't score too slowly for a start, then they do have a chance with strikers such as Dhoni and Yuvraj down the order. It's quite possible that Tendulkar or Ganguly will come out and score at a Strike Rate of about 80, which could set India up.

Perm

Indian win was hardly in the context, but yeah there was a slight possibility of an Australian win but that too now looks improbable, thanks to a dire spell from Johnson!
Yeah, because 4 overs for 19 can change the game that much.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Great reception from the crowd when Tendulkar came into bat. The great man has been very appreciative of the warmth the crowd has given him in Melbourne and Sydney, as he mentioned in an interview.

Excellent stuff from the crowds...

Son Of Coco

300 is a run rate of above 4. There would be a .000001 chance of India winning this test here despite the pitch not being a minefield. The onus is there to get an unbeatable 2-0 lead and you want as many overs as you want for it. 5-6 overs could be a difference between draw and victory.

Taylor said that he would have probably declared with a lead of 310 (to get off 75 overs) on Star Cricket right now. That is understandable for mine. Playing it so safe to go till 333 is a bit too conservative, again in Taylor's words.
It'll be funny if Australia still wins :happy: I'm not sure the 'onus' is on Ponting to do anything. The 'option' was certainly there. The onus is now on India to go for it if they want to win though. Onus is only one vowel away from disaster in my opinion :sleep:

pup11

International Coach
Great reception from the crowd when Tendulkar came into bat. The great man has been very appreciative of the warmth the crowd has given him in Melbourne and Sydney, as he mentioned in an interview.

Excellent stuff from the crowds...
Yeah this could very well be the last time the great man tours Australia, so i think its great that the Australian public are showing him the respect he deserves.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It'll be funny if Australia still wins :happy: I'm not sure the 'onus' is on Ponting to do anything. The 'option' was certainly there. The onus is now on India to go for it if they want to win though. Onus is only one vowel away from disaster in my opinion :sleep:
Why will it be funny if Australia wins. :S The onus was not on Ponting but we were not discussing whether Ponting had the onus but whether there was any onus of declaring earlier or not - and I have explained why it existed . India wont go for the win as there is no chance of winning the test. India will be quite happy with the draw to be honest after Australia had managed 300. Batting on for 5-8 overs more means that India has to bat 5-8 overs less to try and save the game which is great as well.

Evermind

International Debutant
Looks pretty certain India are gonna lose here. Break this partnership, then there's only Ganguly to go, realistically. The rest are walking wickets. I'd bet my money on an Aussie win ATM.