• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
gee, with Indias batting lineup.. and there ability to play spin... and the spin bowler Australia have... surely they can chase maybe 280ish... or even 300 given time *shrugs
This is not an ODI. 300 is very close to impossible, especially as the Aussies will obviously slow down their overrates if, by some miracle, India do get close. Closing up shop is the best way IMO.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Gilchrist has changed. So Gavaskar reckons that the declaration may not be far away. I will be very surprised if they declare around right now though. They will give India at least 270 to chase; 280-310 seems the more likely.

Last edited:

Laurrz

International Debutant
well, you wont see me complaining
will be similar to the series in India... (the draw in Chennai)

Perth will be great :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sharma went wicket-less here, but I think he should play in Perth. He bowled well in patches and he might be able to use the bounce well (assuming the Perth pitch is coming back to its old self).

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Sharma went wicket-less here, but I think he should play in Perth. He bowled well in patches and he might be able to use the bounce well (assuming the Perth pitch is coming back to its old self).
Yeah, he pitched the ball really well at times. The key thing is that when he has lost the line, it has been too far outside off stump more than any thing. Hasn't bowled many hittable balls. He will extract the bounce in Perth if it is there for sure. However, there is another bowler who can do the same - Pankaj Singh. He is very tall as well and Wasim Akram was all praise for him yesterday. There is almost no chance of Sharma being dropped I think. I wont be surprised if Harbhajan is dropped for Perth tbh with Pankaj Singh coming in.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah, he pitched the ball really well at times. The key thing is that when he has lost the line, it has been too far outside off stump more than any thing. Hasn't bowled many hittable balls. He will extract the bounce in Perth if it is there for sure. However, there is another bowler who can do the same - Pankaj Singh. He is very tall as well and Wasim Akram was all praise for him yesterday. There is almost no chance of Sharma being dropped I think. I wont be surprised if Harbhajan is dropped for Perth tbh with Pankaj Singh coming in.
Well Harbhajan might be banned. But I've heard that Sreesanth might join the squad for the tour game, in which case, he'd be in the side.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also, if everyone is fully fit, what is the pecking order of Indian seamers?

1. Zaheer Khan
  2. RP Singh
  3. Sreesanth
  4. Munaf Patel
  5. Ishant Sharma
  6. Irfan Pathan
  7. VRV Singh

Does that sound right?

ozone

First Class Debutant
Also, if everyone is fully fit, what is the pecking order of Indian seamers?

1. Zaheer Khan
  2. RP Singh
  3. Sreesanth
  4. Munaf Patel
  5. Ishant Sharma
  6. Irfan Pathan

Does that sound right?
I would guess that Pathan might come on a seamer friendly pitch as the all-rounder, possibly for Yuvraj.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well Harbhajan might be banned. But I've heard that Sreesanth might join the squad for the tour game, in which case, he'd be in the side.
Even if Harbhajan is not banned, if the pitch offers support for pacers, which is a fair possibility in Perth, Harbhajan will be dropped in all likelihood given it is Perth. Sreesanth v Ishant... I would choose Ishant as well as Sreesanth can bowl you 2 bad balls an over which is criminal against the Aussies. I have almost no confidence in Sreesanth for tests v Australia given he strays so much. Play Irfan Pathan ahead of Sreesanth easily. If Pankaj Singh looks that promising to you and you can risk it as the Indian team management, play Pankaj ahead of Irfan but not Sreesanth please.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Even if Harbhajan is not banned, if the pitch offers support for pacers, which is a fair possibility in Perth, Harbhajan will be dropped in all likelihood given it is Perth. Sreesanth v Ishant... I would choose Ishant as well as Sreesanth can bowl you 2 bad balls an over which is criminal against the Aussies. I have almost no confidence in Sreesanth for tests v Australia given he strays so much. Play Irfan Pathan ahead of Sreesanth easily. If Pankaj Singh looks that promising to you and you can risk it as the Indian team management, play Pankaj ahead of Irfan but not Sreesanth please.
Dunno about that. I would certainly play Sreesanth if he was fit and available, would be third after RP and Zaheer for mine.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dunno about that. I would certainly play Sreesanth if he was fit and available, would be third after RP and Zaheer for mine.
He strays too much and Australians punish poor balls. The poor balls ease the pressure off so much as well. Against a side not as good as Australia, I wouldn't mind playing Sreesanth ahead of other bowlers but I am totally against playing Sreesanth v Australia. He isn't disciplined enough.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yuvraj is most certainly wearing a brace - he is definitely injured. You could see it when he dived. Wow, the Indian team management is just idiotic. Dravid moved around for an injured batsman....

ozone

First Class Debutant
He strays too much and Australians punish poor balls. The poor balls ease the pressure off so much as well. Against a side not as good as Australia, I wouldn't mind playing Sreesanth ahead of other bowlers but I am totally against playing Sreesanth v Australia. He isn't disciplined enough.
Thing is with Sreesanth is that he has that spark which means he could perform brilliantly and take 6 wickets. Playing him would be a gamble, but thats for the Indian Selectors to decide.

pup11

International Coach
I would have Sree Santh as soon as he is fit, he would surely spice up things this summer.