• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

JBH001

International Regular
There wouldn't have been a problem if Sarwan would have said something about McGrath, but by dragging his wife into this he just showed complete lack of class, it would have been understandable if McGrath would have passed any comments about Sarwan's family.
Right, and talking about Sarwan ****ing Lara's **** is just oozing class. 8-)

JBH001

International Regular
Bit surprised that JustTool is suddenly so vociferously supportive of the Indian team.

I thought he hated the whole lot of them, SRT especially, with his bad case of tall poppy-itis and all.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the hell!!
Why have the Australians gone off the field due to bad light.
Because they dont need to win this game as much as India

The only thing meaningful that might have happened in the remaining overs is the loss of wickets and they still dont have enough runs

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia see the risk of losing this test as less than the possibility of winning and keeping their test win streak alive.

Fair enough I guess, but I'm sure they're tempted to try and equal Steve Waugh's record.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's what i am saying Sarwan could have said anything nasty about McGrath but dragging his wife into it was totally uncalled for.
You underestimate just how nasty McGrath's initial comment was. Sarwan's comment was no worse than what he said, yet his reaction was ridiculous.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
There wouldn't have been a problem if Sarwan would have said something about McGrath, but by dragging his wife into this he just showed complete lack of class, it would have been understandable if McGrath would have passed any comments about Sarwan's family.
I absolutely disagree. Sarwan's retort was no more or no less "classy" than McGrath's initial sledge.

The only mitigating factor in this episode was the timing- that being that McGrath had just left his wife to tour while she was undergoing treatment for one of her bouts of cancer. Frankly, I would suggest that had this not been the case, McGrath's reaction wouldn't have been anywhere near as intense.

Sarwan just unwittingly stumbled upon a chink in McGrath's emotional armour at the time. None of this, though, changes the fact that McGrath's reaction decidely over the top, considering how the exchange started.

Moderators: y 4 u let trollan?
Didn't someone get banned pretty recently for being overly parochial towards his own nation, and overly critical of other countries?

If I was that guy, I would have a few pointed questions to ask of the staff right about now...

Edit: Heh. I guess some of those questions have been answered.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Why the heck would Clarke need a rest? Its not like he (or the rest of the Australian team) have played a lot of tests over the last year. He was beaten by good bowling, fair and square. Nothing to do with needing rest.
FFS, what has good bowling got to do with him standing his ground after clearly getting out or him shouldering arms to a straight incoming delivery. :@

JBH001

International Regular
That's what i am saying Sarwan could have said anything nasty about McGrath but dragging his wife into it was totally uncalled for.
Frankly, I struggle to see the dividing line.

Sarwan made a (not very) witty and sarcastic come back to a bowler who was abusive, and who was then unable to take it. I doubt if Sarwan consciously thought about it, and said it (because if he had he would either not have had a come back, or chosen not to employ that specific come back for the reasons you outlined) but rather, as with all good come backs, it came out like a good and sharp reply which actually worked in the context of sledging. In this case, if thats the nature of the game being played then its best it does stay out on the field. But in this case, Pidge having started it was unable to take it and had a tanty like a crybaby. I dont see any two ways about it.

Last edited: