• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This game is set up for a very good finish tomorrow, just a shame that rain has played a part in reducing the amount of time India have to bowl Australia out. I feel that Hayden's century might just be the difference in this game though, and since Hussey looks like he is fairly settled, then I'd be backing him to make a hundred too.

pup11

International Coach
What the hell was Clarke doing there standing?
Pathetic shot really from him and he gets his first duck in test cricket and that too a golden duck!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Meh, it's obvious to all and sundry Stevie is on the CA payroll for this match at least.
You're very entitled to your opinion, but that's a very serious accusation that could get CW into some serious trouble if anyone decided to persue it, so please tone down your posts of this nature.

pup11

International Coach
Damn we are in a tricky situation now, we need to go for quick runs too but still we can't afford to lose wickets in a heap.

duffer

You're very entitled to your opinion, but that's a very serious accusation that could get CW into some serious trouble if anyone decided to persue it, so please tone down your posts of this nature.
Next time I'll add [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] to my post then? No way I meant that to be serious.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Damn we are in a tricky situation now, we need to go for quick runs too but still we can't afford to lose wickets in a heap.
Perhaps let Symonds settle in and allow him to play his shots when he wants to, and with Gilly and Hogg coming in next we have some firepower left.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I cannot believe Clarke stood his ground for that dismissal. Was unbelievable lol.

Will Australia attack in the last few overs of the day?

Last edited:

JustTool

State 12th Man
Perhaps let Symonds settle in and allow him to play his shots when he wants to, and with Gilly and Hogg coming in next we have some firepower left.
Frikking amazing. Clarke STOOD his ground. These Aussies get away with murder. unposrting, whining wimps. All of em. Simply amazing. And the umpire took his time. WHAT A FARCE !! :@ :@

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Oh come on, the posters actually claming bias and calling Australia cheats are the same trolls as usual, there's nothing different here and to take them so seriously would be stupid.
A lot of them are, yeah. I don't see how that makes it any less annoying though. It's not like people like JustTool are popping up in the West Indies vs South Africa thread. It's also some of the more respected forum members, as well.

However posts regarding the poor performances of Bucknor and Benson are justified IMO, and I really can't see how they aren't. If you think they haven't had an afect on the match, then there's obviously no further this discussion can go because we share completely opposite opinions on that.

And do I need to remind you of the whinging that was shown by Australian fans in the 2005 Ashes thread following the woeful decisions they received? Its hardly solely India and SL games (other than the consistent trolls). Cricket is a national and hence emotional game, and angry reactions to piss poor decisions is only natural.
No, and those whiners were annoying too. I don't think they are anywhere near as prevalent though, and it's certainly a hell of a long way from the majority, which I don't think is the case here. You're welcome to disagree. As far as the umpiring decisions having an impact on the match is concerned, I'd agree they have, but I don't think it's the be all and end all of what's occured, which is what is being implied by a lot of people in this thread. An umpiring decision, or even a series of them, can certainly be overcome if one team is outperforming another. Yes, there have been a handful of bad decisions, one in particular which was very bad, but no, that alone has not decided the outcome (or lack thereof) of this match.

And then there's the "this is why Australia win all the time" part of what's gone on in this thread, which is a whole other matter but equally dumb.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Symonds was OUT !!! AMAZING !! They should STOP this match RIGHT NOW. No way that ball bounces high. No WAY.

Is Mr. Macho Symonds going to cry on the field here that Indians are sledging him...

THIS MATCH IS A FARCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andyc

Frikking amazing. Clarke STOOD his ground. These Aussies get away with murder. unposrting, whining wimps. All of em. Simply amazing. And the umpire took his time. WHAT A FARCE !! :@ :@
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good to see you're not bitter about it though.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Hoping Hussey will find it in his heart to HTFU. A strike rate of 45 really isn't what's needed, and it's not like he's not set on a pitch flattening by the hour.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I cannot believe Clarke stood his ground for that dismissal. Was unbelievable lol.

Will Australia attack in the last few overs of the day?
What was funny was the fact that he started running, and then stood his ground when the catch was taken.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Next time I'll add [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] to my post then? No way I meant that to be serious.
You're quite welcome to comment on the standard of the umpiring, but accusing them of bias repeatedly (paid off or not) puts CW on shaky legal ground in regards to character defamation, whether you mean it seriously or not.

duffer

A lot of them are, yeah. I don't see how that makes it any less annoying though. It's not like people like JustTool are popping up in the West Indies vs South Africa thread. It's also some of the more respected forum members, as well.

No, and those whiners were annoying too. I don't think they are anywhere near as prevalent though, and it's certainly a hell of a long way from the majority, which I don't think is the case here. You're welcome to disagree. As far as the umpiring decisions having an impact on the match is concerned, I'd agree they have, but I don't think it's the be all and end all of what's occured, which is what is being implied by a lot of people in this thread. An umpiring decision, or even a series of them, can certainly be overcome if one team is outperforming another. Yes, there have been a handful of bad decisions, one in particular which was very bad, but no, that alone has not decided the outcome (or lack thereof) of this match.

And then there's the "this is why Australia win all the time" part of what's gone on in this thread, which is a whole other matter but equally dumb.
Nope not alone, but it is still the single biggest reason why the game is where it is now.