• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think I've said anything about it being pathetic that no team is competing with Australia.
I obviously wasn't referring to you specifically, but all the claims of how boring cricket is getting, and how secretly a lot of Australian fans are hoping that they are finally challenged.

Well Australia are already so far ahead, its hardly right to make it even harder with countless wrong decisions going their way.
Ibut regardless, poor umpiring is hardly unique to this match. I find it very tiring that whenever certain teams play, most notably India and Sri Lanka, there is always an endless parade of whiners on these forums which make the official threads almost intolerable. It's hardly unique to this match.

Leaving that aside, it's one thing to think that a decision was incorrect or to be annoyed by it, it's another to go on and on about it for days and generally act like a tool and take it way too far. In this thread we've seen Australian players called cheats, umpires accused of bias, suggestions that not only the match but the entire series is over and/or worthless because of umpiring decisions, even when it was just one umpiring decision, and a number of excellent individual performances glossed over in favour of complaining and pointless arguing.
Oh come on, the posters actually claming bias and calling Australia cheats are the same trolls as usual, there's nothing different here and to take them so seriously would be stupid.

However posts regarding the poor performances of Bucknor and Benson are justified IMO, and I really can't see how they aren't. If you think they haven't had an afect on the match, then there's obviously no further this discussion can go because we share completely opposite opinions on that.

And do I need to remind you of the whinging that was shown by Australian fans in the 2005 Ashes thread following the woeful decisions they received? Its hardly solely India and SL games (other than the consistent trolls). Cricket is a national and hence emotional game, and angry reactions to piss poor decisions is only natural.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
No, the bitching wasn't that India got a couple of roughies, it's that all the absolute howlers went against them. The decisions people are furious about weren't 50/50's but ridiculously clear cut and they've destroyed the game.

Thanks for labelling Indians and Lankans as being whingers too.
AWTA.

I can't think of that many off hand, but there could have been I suppose.

Have they managed to prove Hussey even touched it yet?
I don't know, I stopped watching tbh. And that never happens, I never not watch when India is playing but I kinda had enough, esp. with the rain delays.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
welcome to the internet
Ironic thing to say to a bloke with over 10,000 posts in this forum. But then you are a troll I suppose. 8-)

Just want to say how good Hayden's ton was, and how good a batsman he has become. Everyone who has more test centuries has played a hell of a lot more games than him, its a hell of an achievement. If people have seen this knock and still want to label him a flat-track bully they are just churlish IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ironic thing to say to a bloke with over 10,000 posts in this forum. But then you are a troll I suppose. 8-)

Just want to say how good Hayden's ton was, and how good a batsman he has become. Everyone who has more test centuries has played a hell of a lot more games than him, its a hell of an achievement. If people have seen this knock and still want to label him a flat-track bully they are just churlish IMO.
Yeah Hayden's heading for man of the series here.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
I obviously wasn't referring to you specifically, but all the claims of how boring cricket is getting, and how secretly a lot of Australian fans are hoping that they are finally challenged.

Well Australia are already so far ahead, its hardly right to make it even harder with countless wrong decisions going their way.

Oh come on, the posters actually claming bias and calling Australia cheats are the same trolls as usual, there's nothing different here and to take them so seriously would be stupid.

However posts regarding the poor performances of Bucknor and Benson are justified IMO, and I really can't see how they aren't. If you think they haven't had an afect on the match, then there's obviously no further this discussion can go because we share completely opposite opinions on that.

And do I need to remind you of the whinging that was shown by Australian fans in the 2005 Ashes thread following the woeful decisions they received?
I think it's stupid to keep going on about this. Everyone has different views on whether umpiring decisions will affect this match. You can't say that Australia would have made 130 less if Symonds was dismissed rightfully because you don't know if the players after him would bat well or not, it depends on fate. And you don't know if Jaffer would have made a big score or not if the no-ball decision against Lee was given, nobody knows.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Yeah it was a very good innings. I've always wondered why every batsman isn't taking advantage of the 'flat tracks' the same way Hayden does!? I know this is a big call...but maybe he's better than some of them :sleep:

Son Of Coco

I think it's stupid to keep going on about this. Everyone has different views on whether umpiring decisions will affect this match. You can't say that Australia would have made 130 less if Symonds was dismissed rightfully because you don't know if the players after him would bat well or not, it depends on fate. And you don't know if Jaffer would have made a big score or not if the no-ball decision against Lee was given, nobody knows.
Thank you...I was thinking the same thing, but didn't bother typing it :happy: We can't tell what would have happened if Symonds was given...maybe the tail would have wagged to the extent of 100 more runs than they did. Maybe India would have collapsed. It could have rained all day yesterday. It obviously didn't help India's cause, but that's about the only deduction that can be made. I thought Lee's foot landed behind the line and slid through on the Jaffer ball, but maybe I missed the conclusive evidence on that one too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So let us find out, by ensuring the correct decisions are made. Isn't that simply logical?

Son Of Coco

AWTA.

I don't know, I stopped watching tbh. And that never happens, I never not watch when India is playing but I kinda had enough, esp. with the rain delays.
:laugh:

I'd be prepared to bet that in that 8 there's a few certainties and some speculation. :happy:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Play extended to 7 PM local time which is 2 hours 15 mins from now. So a lot of cricket left today. There is a lot of sunshine in the ground as well. So if we do get all overs today, we wouldn't have lost more than 5 overs of play cricket. Great stuff.

Son Of Coco

So let us find out, by ensuring the correct decisions are made. Isn't that simply logical?
We can't ensure anything, the third umpire decision with the stumping proved that. A third umpire gives someone not out and the arguments continue.

Evermind

International Debutant
I thought the Lee ball to Jaffer was inconclusive - there was no way to tell whether any part of the foot was or wasn't behind the line. It definitely isn't a black-and-white case like the caught behind.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought the Lee ball to Jaffer was inconclusive - there was no way to tell whether any part of the foot was or wasn't behind the line. It definitely isn't a black-and-white case like the caught behind.
Btw, Evermind, always wondered, what's your background and which team do you support? That's if you don't mind me asking. Not that there should be anything there to mind.