• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I told a mate of mine at work: "They'll hit back, it's not over, you watch". And there we go, the little master does it. I like the way this series looks to be headed, a competitive one.

However, I expect Australia to hit back big-time. Hayden, Ponting and Hussey to step up I hope.

Craig

World Traveller
I told a mate of mine at work: "They'll hit back, it's not over, you watch". And there we go, the little master does it. I like the way this series looks to be headed, a competitive one.

However, I expect Australia to hit back big-time. Hayden, Ponting and Hussey to step up I hope.
Ponting is in a Test match form slump compared to some of the efforts he has given us over the last couple of seasons :laugh: :ph34r: :happy:

(Yeah this was in jest)

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
now symonds is accusing harbhajan singh for racial abuse.
How can it be racial abuse if harbhajan is almost darker than symonds?
Symonds is such a softie.It is untrue.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Racial abuse is about more than skin colour. A racial epithet encompasses many offensive themes. And how do you know it's untrue? Were you out there? No you weren't.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Racial abuse is about more than skin colour. A racial epithet encompasses many offensive themes. And how do you know it's untrue? Were you out there? No you weren't.
But if you call somebody who has a body and features like a "monkey"or a"chimpanzee that, is it racism?
It is same as calling sachin shortie or a mouse.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
One People, One Planet' Award: Cricket Australia

October 2007: Cricket Australia vocal in its condemnation of Indian fans racially taunting Andrew Symonds in Mumbai.

November 2006: CA CEO James Sutherland dismisses SCG taunts of "Give us a wave, Monty. You can't speak English, you stupid Indian" as "not racist".
It seems aussies are hypocritical on racism.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Racial abuse is a two-way street - your own shade relative to somebody else absolves you of nothing. It's frankly fatuous to contend that the darker one is invariably the victim.

A not-too-stale instance of this was when Gilchrist reported Rashid Latif in the 2003 World Cup for alleged racial remarks (all of which had the prefix of 'white').

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Let's see how this pans out before ripping Bhajji apart.

I'm hoping the crowd reaction doesn't respond in type. This could test CA's policing of their zero tolerance policy.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Let's see how this pans out before ripping Bhajji apart.

I'm hoping the crowd reaction doesn't respond in type. This could test CA's policing of their zero tolerance policy.
Rajiv shukla, a BCCI vice president just saying on his news channel that he does not believe that bhajji could do this and that the board will back the team.
as i can see it,if it is not dealed with carefully it could lead to a big big controversy.

Top_Cat

But if you call somebody who has a body and features like a "monkey"or a"chimpanzee that, is it racism?
It is same as calling sachin shortie or a mouse.
The connotations and history associated with the use of the word are completely different. For example (and this is just one angle on it), 'mouse', if ever used as an insult, would never be used to infer anything regarding a person's intelligence whereas monkey at a black person is.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
The connotations and history associated with the use of the word are completely different. For example (and this is just one angle on it), 'mouse', if ever used as an insult, would never be used to infer anything regarding a person's intelligence whereas monkey at a black person is.
But that is different if you put it in a Indian context.

Top_Cat

It seems aussies are hypocritical on racism.
I've seen that quote before with no source referenced for the quote from James Sutherland. If you can find one, I'd happily condemn Sutherland.

Anyway, even if true, it's one bloke's view. Condemning him whilst you simultaneously tar other Aussies with the same brush is pretty hypocritical yourself.

Top_Cat

But that is different if you put it in a Indian context.
Oh don't give me that crap. Not a good excuse at all. The fans in India who were taunting Symonds knew exactly what it meant or why would they have used it at all?