• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm not watching the game, but what makes you say that? Low scores don't always mean a poor pitch. From what I've read on cricinfo, the two New Zealand wickets to have fallen so far have come through good bowling.
Vettori won the toss and bowled, for one. If you look at the cricinfo discriptions of some of the dismissals, it looks like there's some movement about. It's something batsmen should be able to handle on the first day of a test for mine, but I don't think it's your typical flat-as-a-tac twenty-first century pitch. Good thing, IMO.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was really hoping for Fulton, Fleming and Sinclair to all pass 50. I have big hopes for this middle order.
So do I, even though I'd have preferred Styris was selected. Still, the three best FC batsmen in New Zealand are in the side now, so it's good to see the selectors rewarding consistent domestic success. Even though the runs scored against Bangladesh will count for little at the end of the day, Futlon and Sinclair need to kick-start their Test careers and just get some runs on the board in preparation for England.

Perm

Vettori won the toss and bowled, for one. If you look at the cricinfo discriptions of some of the dismissals, it looks like there's some movement about. It's something batsmen should be able to handle on the first day of a test for mine, but I don't think it's your typical flat-as-a-tac twenty-first century pitch. Good thing, IMO.
Doesn't mean it's a 'poor pitch' though. I enjoy batting as much as the next guy, but sometimes a good seaming wicket can make the game much better, as it actually provides a test of the batsmen's skills.

Perm

Only just realised this, but why the hell didn't Mashrafe Mortaza open the bowling? I know he's the vice-captain, so you think he'd have had preference, especially being the senior bowler. Poor option.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Only just realised this, but why the hell didn't Mashrafe Mortaza open the bowling? I know he's the vice-captain, so you think he'd have had preference, especially being the senior bowler. Poor option.
Sajidul Islam is a swing bowler from what I've read, similar to Rasel, so I can see why he opened despite being on debut. I don't really know why Shahadat opened ahead of Mashrafe though.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
What happened to the NZ theory of batting time?
Pitch doesn't look too bad. . . the batsmen need to stick it out as it is a TEST match.

Perm

Sajidul Islam is a swing bowler from what I've read, similar to Rasel, so I can see why he opened despite being on debut. I don't really know why Shahadat opened ahead of Mashrafe though.
Yeah, Shahadat>Mashrafe was the thing that confused me. I reckon Shahadat can be a decent Test bowler though, but shouldn't be opening the bowling ahead of Bangladesh's vice-captain and best bowler.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can anyone watching this tell me what Bell's footwork is like? I've been doing a bit of research about him through the week and it seemed to be his main weakness during his first stint in tests, so it'd be good news if he had fixed that up.

James

Cricket Web Owner
cricinfo said:
25.1 Enamul Haque jnr to Bell, 1 run, flat down leg stump, calmly tucked wide of midwicket to raise a fine Test fifty, seven years from his last one, well played Bell
:cool:

cricman

International 12th Man
Mortaza Strained his back when he was Batting like a idiot probably needed extra time to heal or get treatment, Bell looks really good he should reach triple digits tomorrow.

Perm

I'm going! Haha, might not make the whole day, as I'm taking my young cousin with me, but I'll be there for the start of play. If it rains then I'll punch things.