• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There are precious 20 runs from Harbhajan regardless of his mad approach. Every run is worth in gold at the moment. India has to try and cut down the Aussie lead to below 50.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
There are precious 20 runs from Harbhajan regardless of his mad approach. Every run is worth in gold at the moment. India has to try and cut down the Aussie lead to below 50.
I agree, but I think the best chance of this is to give the most strike to Tendulkar.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've got a feeling that India are going to get within 20 runs of Australia's total.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That'd have to be 90% Johnson and 10% Pathan then.
I don't rate Pathan much at test level, but he can consistently swing the new ball in. Add Johnson's pace and ability to bowl back of a length well, and you have a good bowler.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Oh Dear, commentators comparing Harbahjan Singh to Gordon Greenidge. I'm half expecting them to start urging Tendulkar to give the strike to Bhaji.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I agree, but I think the best chance of this is to give the most strike to Tendulkar.
Yeah. It is crazy how we are batting. Regarding keeping the strike, Tendulkar has never been great at controlling the strike when batting with tail enders.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh Dear, commentators comparing Harbahjan Singh to Gordon Greenidge. I'm half expecting them to start urging Tendulkar to give the strike to Bhaji.
Slater did the comparison on Star Cricket in jest mostly when he pulled that ball. Some one on channel 9 did it too?

pasag

RTDAS
I'll freely admit I haven't seen much of any of these three. However, watching Johnson today, I have been less than impressed. He seems to have little idea of setting batsmen up, forcing them to play and make mistake. Swing was non-existant and I couldn't discern any seam movement at all. Now it's unfair to judge him based on a spell alone but I don't see how he is Aussie's third best bowler - unless your bowling resources are severely depleted.
He certainly deserved his spot at the start of the summer/series, I think many if not most agreed with this. The fact he hasn't gunned it yet is just one of the things that happens, but the selectors picked the right team based on the information available at the time. Should he be there for the next Test and series? That's a different question completely.

pup11

International Coach
This Harbhajan can really get under your skin, he has played all the dire shots in the world but still he hasn't got out and above all he is scoring some very precious runs and that too at good pace, Ffs get him out of there! :furious:

ozone

First Class Debutant
Slater did the comparison on Star Cricket in jest mostly when he pulled that ball. Some one on channel 9 did it too?
Mark Nicholas I think it was. It was after he pulled the ball as well, but I think Nicholas meant it. :dry:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The wagon-wheel for Johnson's bowling is quite telling, only one boundary on the leg-side. Just goes to show how wide he's been, offering the batsmen a chance to hit him through cover and behind point.

Evermind

International Debutant
I don't rate Pathan much at test level, but he can consistently swing the new ball in. Add Johnson's pace and ability to bowl back of a length well, and you have a good bowler.

It's not a bad idea actually - it seems Pathan's gotten his pace back too, and I'd have supported his inclusion over Ishant's in this match.

In any case, Pathan over Yuvraj for the next one? Can't possibly do any worse batting wise, and they'd have another fast bowler at the WACA.

Why don't they send Yuvraj to open in the second innings? Hmm!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BTW Tendulkar is only the 16th batsman to score 2000 runs versus Australians and the first Indian to achieve the milestone. Achieved it a bit earlier. Interestingly, Hobbs has scored the most runs versus Australia - 3600 some thing.