• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Agree very, very strongly with this, anyone can score centuries when they're at their peak and seeing the ball like it's a watermelon, but the scrappy affairs when you're clearly out of form, worn out and going through a really bad rough patch, for me seperates cricketers and shows why Dravid is one of the best of this generation.
Wanna make a tip that he will get a ton in this series? I think he clearly is getting his form back.

And your problem is.....? :laugh:
Idiots like you who have no idea about cricket, because you would of been doing that had Dravid failed.

dansa

Cricket Spectator
Will make a situation worse as England and Pakistan

Agree very, very strongly with this, anyone can score centuries when they're at their peak and seeing the ball like it's a watermelon, but the scrappy affairs when you're clearly out of form, worn out and going through a really bad rough patch, for me seperates cricketers and shows why Dravid is one of the best of this generation.
Dangerous situation for India. When all these top order batsmen retire, they would have nobody to transition into.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dangerous situation for India. When all these top order batsmen retire, they would have nobody to transition into.
Jaffer, Gambhir, Uthappa, Badrinath, Yuvraj, Raina, Venugopal, Kaif, Tiwary, Sharma. Just to name a few. India aren't short on batting talent, just experience afte the big four retire.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon Johnson should go back over the wicket now. So good to see Hogg get a wicket, will take MOTM after an 8 wicket match to go with his 70 imo.

Laurrz

International Debutant
explosive shot from tendulkar...slog sweep
that would've looked terrible if he got out

20 mins before lunch

id like another wicket

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Since Dravid's last test century (not including Bangladesh) he's averaged only 33, in 12 tests. He's only failed in 3 tests, where he's scored less than 30 in both innings. So, despite being incredibly out of form, he's still managed to score runs and today has been a great showing of the application he has as a test cricketer. A lesser man would've been out for far less. I felt this needs reiterating.

pasag

RTDAS
Ballsy shot by Tendy at Hogg. 20 mins to go and he slogs one over mid-on.
A tad silly I reckon with so little time till close of play. I'm not saying he should go into his shell or anything, but if Dhoni would have done that he would have been heavily criticised over here (and rightly so).

burr

State Vice-Captain
Anyways, the cynical side of me doesn't want to prasie Ponting that much, as any cricketer with half a brain would know that every angle is replayed a hundred times on TV and if they cheat they'll get caught.
Yes, but the replays hardly showed he definitively did not catch the ball, so I don’t think he would have been ‘caught’ if he did cheat. And let’s not forget he also didn’t appeal with the bump ball earlier in the innings. I’ve always considered Ponting a hard but fair player. Still, we shouldn’t really have to feel the need to praise players for not claiming non.catches – it should be the norm.

Anyway I'm still salivating about Laxman’s strokes, partic the one that took the Indian total to 100. The wristiness is mind boggling. We are Very Very Lucky Mr Very Very Special always produces his best against Aus.

I really don’t get the people’s problem with Dravid’s inning. There is tonnes of time in the game (weather notwithstanding) – the other batsman was scoring runs freely and as other’s have pointed out the only place to find form is in the middle. He fought which is exactly what India should be doing. I respect him for it. Still I wouldn’t call it an ‘amazing’ innings – it’s not like Dravid is the only batsman or score runs out of form.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don’t get the people’s problem with Dravid’s inning. There is tonnes of time in the game (weather notwithstanding) – the other batsman was scoring runs freely and as other’s have pointed out the only place to find form is in the middle. He fought which is exactly what India should be doing. I respect him for it. Still I wouldn’t call it an ‘amazing’ innings – it’s not like Dravid is the only batsman or score runs out of form.
Yep exactly and if he's worked off the rust, he'll be very dangerous in Adelaide. He may just be trying to pace himself and not peak too early.