• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Jaffer not good enough? I guess it looks like he isn't. TBH I don't see much point in taking Virender Sehwag and not playing him. I know he hasn't scored any runs in yonks, but your taking a punt in picking him, but then I don't see the logic in not using that punt.
He certainly doesn't look good enough against this attack. Probably one of the issues in scoring a mountain of runs on featherbeds against an average attack.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Is Jaffer not good enough? I guess it looks like he isn't. TBH I don't see much point in taking Virender Sehwag and not playing him. I know he hasn't scored any runs in yonks, but your taking a punt in picking him, but then I don't see the logic in not using that punt.
I don't think they should play Sehwag but then I don't think they should have even picked Sehwag. He's clearly not there to gain experience of provide cover though so he's really a wasted touring spot, IMO.

JustTool

State 12th Man
He certainly doesn't look good enough against this attack. Probably one of the issues in scoring a mountain of runs on featherbeds against an average attack.
Yuvraj wont last 2 overs at this pace and swing. HUGE mistake NOT including Sehwag :@ He would have givenJaffer some confidence as well.

abhishekmallik

Cricket Spectator
what offensive thing did chappel just say? wasnt paying attention but i'm watching it here in the UK and mark nicholas apologised for his comments.

simmy

International Regular
What did Chappell say?

I havent been watching with that much attention and Ian Ward just apologised for what he said?!?!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well he did just say that Ricky Ponting is a better captain than Michael Vaughan, that's pretty offensive. Not to mention untrue.

ozone

First Class Debutant
I think it was something about Dravid playing the ball like someone with Alzeimers because he looks so jittery at the crease.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Well, yes, but Chappell said something about Dravid jumping around the crease 'like someone with Alzeimers' so I tried to paraphrase...

funnygirl

State Regular
well chappel is right .why that is offensive:unsure: More like having Amnesia .he forgot that he was a batsman once upon a time.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
well chappel is right .why that is offensive:unsure:
Cuz that's like saying JustTool is a tool, even though he is, I'd most likely get warned for saying something like this because it is offensive.

EDIT: Just an example, all characters reffered to in this post are purely fictional and all views expressed are not of the poster himself but of the general public.

Last edited: