• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love watching Lee score runs, even though I feel bad for India.

Anybody else get sick of Richie talking about Symond's World Cup knock whenever he makes runs? We've heard it all a thousand times champ.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Lee getting near to 50... Excellent support to Symonds
You mean Lee is porivding excellent support to the umpires who are so ably supporting Symonds, Ponting et al.... :laugh:

This is a FARCE. This time BCCI say queit or else oall the support will be gone in India. With it will be gone the money and with that the so-called "sport" of cricket.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
....and that was after the Melbourne test. Wonder what they will say in today's Sydney Morning Herald ?
Now we know...

Paul Sheahan Writing Today Morning

Time to put old ways out to pasture

AT 2.55pm yesterday, the engrossing test match between Australia and India was tainted by the reactionary inertia of those who run the game. With Australia in trouble at 6 for 193, the last recognised batsman in the side, Andrew Symonds, was clearly out, caught behind. There was deviation off the bat, an obvious "clunk" caught by the microphones, and the entire Indian team went up with spontaneous joy.

To viewers, the TV technology - "Snicko" and slowmo - confirmed the obvious. Obvious to everyone that is, except Test umpire Steve Buckner. Symonds, who surely would have heard and felt the ball connect with his bat, remained at his crease.

It was the second egregious umpiring error of the day. The Australian captain, Ricky Ponting, should have been given out long before he reached his half century. The Indian team, and the millions of their fans watching TV at home, have every reason to feel short-changed, not just by the umpires, but by the game itself.

So should we all. Computer technology is available to assist the umpires in close calls, yet we remain accustomed to crucial umpiring mistakes, especially on LBW decisions, a constant source of guesswork and imprecision.

When is cricket going to end the madness? Why should the public know more than the umpires? Why should Test matches continue to be shaped by umpiring decisions which are clearly shown to be wrong?

With Snicko and super slowmo and infrared imaging available, it is time for the third official, when requested by one of the two umpires in the field, to make a considered judgement based on all available evidence. It should not be left to the cricket commentators to be the real authorities of what actually happened in Test matches.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
You mean Lee is porivding excellent support to the umpires who are so ably supporting Symonds, Ponting et al.... :laugh:

This is a FARCE. This time BCCI say queit or else oall the support will be gone in India. With it will be gone the money and with that the so-called "sport" of cricket.
I love cricket as it is! I think its part & parcel of the game and I do not argue for the controversial decisions. The better you can forget those, the more happier you would be...

Always please remember, "To Err is Human"

pup11

International Coach
Well done Binger super knock has batted very well and certainly the umpires don't anything to do with that.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Justool ,leave it yaar .It happened .i mean the topic is out dated 8-)
OK.

But it's being going on for years in Australia and FOREVER with the idiot Bucknor.

Every time I hear - "let's see India get screwed and move-on". It's only when Pakistan took a stand that the idiot, confirmed-racist umpire Hair was ousted :@ Good for Inzamam. Asia needs more Rantungas, Imrans and Inzamams to end this stupiidty that is destroying the game.

Son Of Coco

OK.

But it's being going on for years in Australia and FOREVER with the idiot Bucknor.

Every time I hear - "let's see India get screwed and move-on". It's only when Pakistan took a stand that the idiot, confirmed-racist umpire Hair was ousted :@ Good for Inzamam. Asia needs more Rantungas, Imrans and Inzamams to end this stupiidty that is destroying the game.
Rubbish

Son Of Coco

You must be Bucknor's father not Coco's son :laugh: . Sorry, I am still batting and "no" you can't give me out like you would Saurav Ganguly when he is not-out.

Read some of Michael Holding's articles from a couple of years ago of how umpiring has helped Asutralie win matches at crucial times (in Australia) of matches.

Do you think only players are involved in match-fixing and no the 'poorer' umpires. Wake up Son-of-Coco er...Father-of-Bucknor
You're right Just A Tool. It's people like you that give Indian spectators a bad name.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
As if this game couldn't have become a bigger joke. That was OUT. At the very least should've been referred to the 3rd umpire. This is blatant cheating by Bucknor again. Un****ing believable. How many ****ing times do we have to get this player out?

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Alright, this is getting weird - and embarrassing. What earthly reason could Bucknor have had for not referring that to the third umpire?