• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Archie...

India in South Africa:

Apparently the umpire didn't give it out because he feared being called racist by Indian fans.

They were worried of being labelled racist etc by angry Indians.
Also, after the recent Australia-India ODI, two Australian fans did keep going on about umpiring for 5-8 pages if not more. No conspiracies there though from what I remember.

It is not hard to fathom that the Indian fans would go on about umpiring to be honest after what the umpiring was yesterday.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
it all evens its self outt.. this is becoming a weak and lame reason... thats kinda what ya implying... id rather see a game won under the their skill and ability alone... remove this out dated theory "all evens out" luck crap factor.. its killing the game.. and id bet my bottom dollar if it was in place.. and they went upstairs for symonds to confirm the caught behind.. hed say dont bother and start walking... and over time players would just start walking.
No, it's not what I'm implying. Someone suggested Hogg would carry on if the same thing happened to him. I referred to the incident from the first test. If you're going to suggest that I'm implying something you need to go back to the post I'm replying to (it's usually quite easy as I quote it). It doesn't even itself out if you keep losing and can only see things happening to your team.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Archie...

India in South Africa:

Apparently the umpire didn't give it out because he feared being called racist by Indian fans.

Also, after the recent Australia-India ODI, two Australian fans did keep going on about umpiring for 5-8 pages if not more. No conspiracies there though from what I remember.

It is not hard to fathom that the Indian fans would go on about umpiring to be honest after what the umpiring was yesterday.
IIRC Sideshow was banned shortly afterwards for his demeanour on the board, and by Archie's criteria, yes that was embarrassing to other Australian fans IMO. Nnandan was barracking for Bracken like he normally does, and Pup11 mentioned it about three times.

Didn't see any swearing, writing the game off as a "farce", accusing the umpires of being biased, calling for heads to roll tbh...

slugger

State Vice-Captain
It doesn't even itself out if you keep losing and can only see things happening to your team.
true how can you know if it all evens itself out if ya only watching one team.. your closing line suggest you are watching both teams and you have calculated to some degree that "it" has even itself out by suggesting that
Ganguly was not given out 3 times in the First Test.. if your not implying the "evens itself out" formular then Im some what convused as your post suggest otherwise...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
IIRC Sideshow was banned shortly afterwards for his demeanour on the board, and by Archie's criteria, yes that was embarrassing to other Australian fans IMO. Nnandan was barracking for Bracken like he normally does, and Pup11 mentioned it about three times.

Didn't see any swearing, writing the game off as a "farce", accusing the umpires of being biased, calling for heads to roll tbh...
Pup11 was pissed for across 5-8 pages. There is a huge difference between a ODI series which Australia has already won and a test series up for grabs too btw. A better example of people crying foul would be the racist issue in India which popped up recently. Racism is deplorable and the behaviour of a couple of idiots in 2 or so venues was very poor and should be shunned. However, I saw a lot of exaggerations from fans with people even claiming racism in crowds is not a huge issue in Australia while it is in India. One even went to the extent of saying it never exists in Australia on a cricket forum at the time. I am not pointing fingers but a subcontnent v west attitude notion exists in a lot of general fans and there will always be people who call foul when it occurs between each other. Hairgate was a classic example. When the debates were occuring, you had more people supporting Hair from the west and more people supporting Pakistan from the subcontinent fans. It is not a surprise to me that fans act in x manner. I am not saying they are right btw as conspiracy theories mostly are baseless and taking y stand are not always pleasant to read. However, after watching cricket seeing fans as they are for many years, I don't see the reactions as any thing surprising.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

true how can you know if it all evens itself out if ya only watching one team.. your closing line suggest you are watching both teams and you have calculated to some degree that "it" has even itself out by suggesting that
Ganguly was not given out 3 times in the First Test.. if your not implying the "evens itself out" formular then Im some what convused as your post suggest otherwise...
As I said, read what my post was about originally...I still have my doubts you'll work it out, but there's a small sliver of hope.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Symond's luck helps Aussies to safe score. Love the headline in my morning newspaper.....

Son Of Coco

Bouncer then a beautiful cover drive for 4 by Lee. I'm hoping he pins himself a couple of cheeky Indian bowlers in their 1st innings. One or two bouncing off helmets would make them reconsider the short stuff :happy:

Laurrz

International Debutant
see that ball that beat Roy..thats why i think it wont be easy for Indian batsmen at all.... you're never in

JustTool

State 12th Man
We get it...now go away.
You must be Bucknor's father not Coco's son :laugh: . Sorry, I am still batting and "no" you can't give me out like you would Saurav Ganguly when he is not-out.

Read some of Michael Holding's articles from a couple of years ago of how umpiring has helped Asutralie win matches at crucial times (in Australia) of matches.

Do you think only players are involved in match-fixing and no the 'poorer' umpires. Wake up Son-of-Coco er...Father-of-Bucknor