• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Laurrz

International Debutant
ok so its 2-0 now....3-0 is any way going to happen its perth next rite...

so waiting for the fourth test first days play..we seem to play only 2 good session on the first day of the test...

And i think we people in india should start a pension fund for bucknor...how long he will do this to us...get the ********** man out of the game :(
could rain actually

thats when the luck evens out mayb

nibbs

International Captain
ffs, i for one am disgusted. i feel this test match has been ruined by the umpires irrational move to not give andrew symonds out. i thought that the australians had adopted some kind of gentleman's code (or was this just that smug asshole adam gilchrist)? i guess this code includes cheating. oh well.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watched the morning session then followed for an hour or so after lunch on CricInfo while in bed. Just now watching the post-lunch highlights on Sky. That Bucknor decision was absolutely shocking.

sideshowtim

Banned
ffs, i for one am disgusted. i feel this test match has been ruined by the umpires irrational move to not give andrew symonds out. i thought that the australians had adopted some kind of gentleman's code (or was this just that smug asshole adam gilchrist)? i guess this code includes cheating. oh well.
So every single batsman in the history of the universe (bar a couple including Gilchrist) is a cheater then?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You've gone down a peg nibbs, not good.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
Wait- so if a batsman makes a point of always walking he is a "smug asshole", but if he doesn't he's a cheat? Super.

nibbs

International Captain
tbh, that appeal system which people keep mentioning, similar to what they use at some tennis tournaments, needs to be brought into cricket so that farcical situations like this don't happen anymore.

Mr Mxyzptlk

tbh, that appeal system which people keep mentioning, similar to what they use at some tennis tournaments, needs to be brought into cricket so that farcical situations like this don't happen anymore.
Because the third umpire doesn't make simple mistakes...

shankar

International Debutant
I hope people realise that the umpires were just crap in general and sort of hope we get a few unlucky ones against us to even it out in the second innings. I think that would be only fair, although a bit perverse.
Unfortunately, the Australian bowling attack is good enough to not let that affect them that much. But with Zaheer out, India desperately needed everything to go their way today.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because the third umpire doesn't make simple mistakes...
The stumping?

The replay from behind the stumps was so obvious, I'm convinced that he accidentally hit the wrong button and then didn't have the guts to change his mind.

As far as all the other decisions are concerned on what must be one of the worst days for decision-making since the last time India played in Oz (:dry:), I really have no idea other than the fact that a ball running off the face of the bat doesn't make a lot of noise.

Time to wire the umpires' hearing-aids up to the stump-mics?

Top_Cat

The replay from behind the stumps was so obvious, I'm convinced that he accidentally hit the wrong button and then didn't have the guts to change his mind.
The stumping was actually closer than it appears in the photo above. Sure it looks like there's a fair bit of air between the foot and the ground when the bails are removed but what a still picture doesn't show is that a frame later when Symond's foot is flattened as if planted, the 'gap' is still there. The picture which shows a 'gap' is actually an optical illusion and likely a parallax error. This is why the umpire gave it not out I reckon. Certainly on first viewing I thought he was dead but when they showed subsequent frames, when his foot flattens, it looks like its levitating. But no, it's actually grounded.

Unfortunately, the Australian bowling attack is good enough to not let that affect them that much. But with Zaheer out, India desperately needed everything to go their way today.
The most salient point of the day, in my view. Good teams or those playing well make sure that bad decisions don't ruin their day. They just create more chances and take those instead. India whining about today ignores that they bowled absolute tosh to Hogg and Symonds when they were going well and their third session was absolutely woeful. A decent team (emphasis on team) would regroup and tighten their game. Instead, they threw their toys out of the pram. No team will succeed if it relies onj absolutely everything going their way which, as it happens, was one reason why the Aussies kept losing in India all those years. As soon as they had a bad decision or something like that go against them, heads would drop.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
You've gone down a peg nibbs, not good.
Loads of batsmen walk.
Yeah if one batsman that walks, it is Adam Gilchrist. He has walked when there are times he would of been correct to have stood his ground..

Last edited: