• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Natman20

International Debutant
A rather surprising and interesting stat Ive just read is Vettori apparently will finish 2007 as the worlds leading wicket taker in odis, for a calendar year.
That is very suprising. I always thought his variations stemmed the runs but never took a hang of a lot of wickets.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
I have to say I'm really impressed with this test team selection. I wouldn't have minded seeing How in over Cumming, but if How is going to be good enough, he will get his chance eventually.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Cumming make a speedy recovery, thought after the blow he received from Steyn that his season could have been over. Also top stuff from the New Zealand selectors in dropping Papps and Pig, although, O’Brien’s continual selection is rather disturbing. Only hope he plays against England.

Flem274*

123/5
OMFG! I just got home to see the scorecard. Unbelieveable. I printed it out just to make sure.

As far as the New Zealand team goes, can't believe Taylor has been dropped.
I can. Don't know if ou saw the SA test series but Taylor looked absolutely woeful. He'll never score runs with that technique and playing the shots he did.

EDIT: Also on the Styris vs Fulton thing, if I had to pick one to bat for my life in a test I'd actualy pick Fulton.

Julian87

State Captain
A very good team picked by the selectors IMO. Cumming must be hanging on by the skin of his teeth though. There aren't many other options now though. Bell deserves to be there I suppose, but he has been found out by quality opposition before. Overall, I think this series will be a very good thing for NZ cricket leading into the England series.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
Overall, I think this series will be a very good thing for NZ cricket leading into the England series.
I cant see how playing Bangladesh helps anyone to be honest. Leaves you horribly unprepared for when you play other International sides.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
A very good team picked by the selectors IMO. Cumming must be hanging on by the skin of his teeth though. There aren't many other options now though. Bell deserves to be there I suppose, but he has been found out by quality opposition before. Overall, I think this series will be a very good thing for NZ cricket leading into the England series.
Cumming batted well in South Africa IMO. For mine he would've made a 50+ score easily if he hadn't been dropped by Steyn.

Julian87

State Captain
I cant see how playing Bangladesh helps anyone to be honest. Leaves you horribly unprepared for when you play other International sides.
I disagree just because it will give them the confidence after being smoked by Australia and South Africa.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
A rather surprising and interesting stat Ive just read is Vettori apparently will finish 2007 as the worlds leading wicket taker in odis, for a calendar year.
Good effort by Vettori.

For those who are interested this is how the top 5 finished up.

Vettori- 43
Khan- 40
McGrath- 39
Anderson- 39
Hogg- 38

Hogg and Vettori most successful spinners by a fair margin.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
People need to look at it in context though. How many games did Vettori play compared to the rest of them? Between 5-10 more than most I them IIRC, and I bet more than a few were against minnows.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
People need to look at it in context though. How many games did Vettori play compared to the rest of them? Between 5-10 more than most I them IIRC, and I bet more than a few were against minnows.
Vettori played 31, Khan 33, McGrath 20, Anderson 28 and Hogg 27.

Fernando and Powell who both played 23 also finished on 38 wickets as well.

By my calcuations Vettori took 16 wickets against weaker sides (Bangladesh, Kenya, Canada and Ireland)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah come on, give the man some credit. People complain that he doesn't take enough wickets and then when he does they try and take that away from him. He can't win.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah come on, give the man some credit. People complain that he doesn't take enough wickets and then when he does they try and take that away from him. He can't win.

Perm hates the bloke, so that should be taken into account when assessing Perm's opinion of his efforts.